Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Newbie question - Reinstalling Factory HU in to VZ

Hellas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi all,

New to the forums and I haven't found my question answered anywhere.

Some of you probably think I am crazy, but all I want to do is put the original unit back in to replace the custom pioneer. Somebody installed the pioneer before I bought the car so I am not sure what they have done.

I have pulled out he pioneer and unplugged everything from it. I can see that the original unit is ready to plug in no probs, except for one thing.

There are 2 figure 8 cables potruding from the side and joined into the loom that was in the pioneer.

Can I just cut these wires and shove them to the side and plug my HU straight in, or do I have rejoin them to the rear of the original dash.

I am very confused about this and hopefully somebody can assist soon.

aazn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
rejoin all wires, remove the pioneer loom (so you can sell it if you dont want it)

simply plug headunit back in (dont forget the antenna) and then slide the headunit back in.. simple as that.

what do you mean by 2 figure 8 cables. got any pics to explain what your trying to say?

Hellas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by rejoin all cables?

I can pull it all apart with only 2 fig 8 cables left which I imagine are coming from the speakers. Weird that it is only 2 cables. FIG 8 is pictured below.

I will take photos of the setup and post it here in a minute.

sc200.jpg