Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Newcastle Gangs?

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Last night I caught the seven news and saw this story about this guy in Newcastle. 54 years old and he was set on by a group when he let a bloodied man into his house. He is permanently blind in one eye as it has been removed. I tell you this really sh!t's me off. Police are denying that there are any gangs in Newcastle but they will admit there is groups of individuals (wtf I thought that was a gang).

My question is are there any gangs in Newcastle? And does this piss anyone else off?

I understand there are two sides to every story but I saw this guys face and he's not a yougun so there is no explination for it.

This is the link http://au.news.yahoo.com/070413/23/133im.html

Soybean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 5-speed
No denying that newcastle beginning to spiral out of control and there is definetly gangs in newcastle, eg. bloods,crips,GDUB,FSU,etc.
Its just not safe around there anymore.
And the police can do **** all about it.
The only reason i'd say that police denied the existence of gangs is to try and prevent panic.

my 2 cents

GLD-086

Reaction score
Glad I only go in there for Tafe. Would be a c**t of a place to live I reckon.

Even going into the Foreshore, is enough for me.

(I live in Raymond Terrace, which is about 25-30Ks away)

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
newy is still a hell of a lot safer than sydney.....
id rather walk down hunter street in the middle of the night than walk down george street.
its just how australia is headed, no one and nothing is safe anymore - i could stand here and blame lots of things for the apparent demise, but id just get flamed for my opinions, so i wont bother.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
well this is a forum so I invite your answers. I've walked around redfern when I lived in Sydney used to play pool down there and did alright. The most trouble I had was tourist. Nearly ended up in a 2 (us) vs 4 (them) one night cause some bloke straight off a plane had too much to drink and was pissed we beat him fairly.

I'd also be interested in a few cops throwing a word in on this thread to provide light to what might be holding the cops back from saying they are gangs.

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
thats messed up bruv, move to melbourne :yeah: eveyrones friendly down here, i live in the WORST suburb in melbourne man and i feel safe as a button when i walk through a local park (short cut to my house) if its late. But yeah my sorrows go out to the old bloke he didnt deserve it but groups of young people do stupid **** all the time, not the 1st time it happened, not the last time *shrugs* go to the gym, bulk up, keep a weapon:whistling: close by but keep it well stashed, make sure it doesnt happen to you or loved ones that you live with

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
well this is a forum so I invite your answers. I've walked around redfern when I lived in Sydney used to play pool down there and did alright. The most trouble I had was tourist. Nearly ended up in a 2 (us) vs 4 (them) one night cause some bloke straight off a plane had too much to drink and was pissed we beat him fairly.

I'd also be interested in a few cops throwing a word in on this thread to provide light to what might be holding the cops back from saying they are gangs.

lol isnt it always 1 Vs a group of others thats the only wat they can show off and beat u then again i have seen a clip of 1 guy smashn 5 guys..
but yeh wots australia comen too, theres needs to be tuffer laws for this type of things its gettn outta hand...

my 2 cents

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
There is no doubt there is gangs in Newcastle... The real Newcastle is an absolute **** hole! Every time i drive through in day light you will see druggos fighting and it is also full of bogans. This one time i was sitting out the front of a restaurant eating and there was this crack whore eying off our wallets so we just left. You will always hear about 5 vs 1 fights around newcastle. A few weeks back a couple of dudes where at the foreshore checking the cars out when they where hit over the head with beer bottles and bashed for there wallets or phones i cannot remember while people just stood there and watched.
Newcastle also has this highest use of "ice" in NSW.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
It's pretty disgraceful stuff. It's true that we all did stupid stuff as kids, but some get the word 'stupid' confused with 'violent' or 'illegal' behaviour which is becoming more and more common now. I've been a teacher since the end of 2001. I started a new job with the NSW Dept of Ed in the Illawarra area. So far I've been threatened, verballed, and cursed like you wouldn't believe and all from year 7 and 8 kids. I've had kids say to me "I'm gonna knock your f@!$ing head off you c@&^!" Just because I call they don't like a call when I ref and umpire sport. I've seen year 7 kids at lunch time walk around the playground in groups of 5 or 6 and beat on the special ed kids. They get suspended and come back 3 days later and do the same thing. The mentality starts young and most parents of these kids couldn't care less.

cruzncommo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5spd
I *could* say why this is all happening, but it would be racist, unfortuanatley its true. IMO its time for us to fight back.