Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Next Mod

gone_nutz13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 - 5.0
I've just gotten a Vn series one, with exhaust and intake setup, wondering what i should do to it next.
1. Put a v8 throttle body on
2. Change diff gears to something like a 9.11
3. Cam and chip (mate has a stage three cam for $100)

It's a 3.8, 5sp, and only done 188k!! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,
Cheers
Alex

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
try 3.9's in the diff, cause 9.11 is not a ratio and u would have **** all top end if it was. i reacently have put in 3.9's lsd and new bearing. and that was $1500 instaled, but then you also have to get the spedo corected if you change the ratio.
mabey get a twin throtttle body, put the cam in, get some head work and then get a custom tune.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
How much you wanna spend? A supercharger could really help things along a bit.

AntonRX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ
its problably a 4.11 in the diff he means

gone_nutz13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 - 5.0
yeah sorry 4.11 it was, yeah i wouldn't mind getting a lsd and play around with some ratio's a bit. im trying to stay away from that one just for a little while, due to having to play around a bit with the speedo and all that. it would be an on going thing with the money, would just be adding bits as it goes along. how much playing around is it to put twin throttle bodys on? as for the supercharger, probably have to be a bit later on for that one, due to i would probably have to have the lsd and a beefier clutch to handle it a bit better.

Just wondering if the cam would still go pretty good with everything as stock as it is?

Cheers

DAMO_5L

ILLEGAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN turbo 5L V8 aero, Rodeo minitruck, VR SS 355
if you do put the cam in make sure u put the chip in to got with the cam or it will run like poop

gone_nutz13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 - 5.0
sweet as, yeah i'm just looking at a few different options at the moment, thats one of them, cheers

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
well since you can get the cam for so cheap, id advise that :D cam&chip then headwork and diff.