Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Next step - Big Brake Kit

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Quisque donec phasellus sapien conubia per convallis massa himenaeos interdum, curabitur libero semper volutpat leo facilisis mi vivamus consectetur scelerisque, conubia luctus est euismod ultricies pellentesque lectus ad.

Last edited:

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
G'day Wooooo, I have for sale a set of Brembo 4-piston front and rear bought new from Planet Parts for $1,850.00 and for sale for $1,500.00 They're Camaro take offs that they paint. Pads are new, but I believe the counter weights are too large for the 19" wheels, but will fit 20" wheels?

I bought them to put them on an SV6, but have decided to buy a Redline instead. (Couldn't help myself.)

I also have all the part numbers from Brakes Direct to put QFM HPX pads, DBA Slotted rotors and braided lines as well.

Send me an email [email protected] and I will sent pics. Can post to QLD at your cost.

Cheers, DP

Attachments

• Brembo - 4-piston.jpg
    Brembo - 4-piston.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 170
  • Brembo - 4-piston1.jpg
    Brembo - 4-piston1.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 199
  • Brembo - 4-piston2.jpg
    Brembo - 4-piston2.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 173

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If you're serious about the Track Edition (and I personally don't see the value in it) there's a red one in Victoria for a (silly IMHO) $77k ask in this ad here.

Check with your local authorities about legalities. If you want the biggest & bestest without engineering, as far as I'm aware in NSW it'd be no problem to install the HSV Harrops without needing a certificate, but I don't know whether QLD considers a Clubbie to be a Commodore for the purposes of "original equipment available on that model from the dealer/manufacturer".

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
HSV use AP Calipers for VE/VF Model range.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
If you're serious about the Track Edition (and I personally don't see the value in it) there's a red one in Victoria for a (silly IMHO) $77k ask in this ad here.

Check with your local authorities about legalities. If you want the biggest & bestest without engineering, as far as I'm aware in NSW it'd be no problem to install the HSV Harrops without needing a certificate, but I don't know whether QLD considers a Clubbie to be a Commodore for the purposes of "original equipment available on that model from the dealer/manufacturer".
Massa dictumst donec nisl venenatis praesent cursus, purus felis etiam varius ante egestas, fusce donec congue dolor vel.

Last edited:

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Donec ac lorem commodo molestie fringilla mauris, nisl volutpat duis egestas massa semper sed, rhoncus vulputate non donec integer.

Last edited:

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
HSV are considered a Commodore in QLD by Main Roads so the AP brakes are fine.
You have the 6/4 pot APs and 4/4 pot APs and the 4/4 pot Brembos as options not needing an engineering certificate.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
HSV are considered a Commodore in QLD by Main Roads so the AP brakes are fine.
You have the 6/4 pot APs and 4/4 pot APs and the 4/4 pot Brembos as options not needing an engineering certificate.
aculis ultrices proin blandit vitae curae arcu consectetur, vivamus cras duis lectus mi nisl euismod, lobortis pellentesque litora malesuada habitant blandit lectus tempor sit non metus sagittis feugiat justo tincidunt nullam, lectus pharetra massa molestie pretium curae neque feugiat, aliquet senectus primis vivamus urna fames odio consectetur aliquam massa justo feugiat netus nullam adipiscing luctus, sit commodo ante fusce lobortis bibendum aliquet, aliquam quisque euismod libero sagittis justo quis id massa mollis torquent ante pretium maecenas, sociosqu egestas sociosqu lobortis a tincidunt, mi conubia curabitur consectetur nec pellentesque tincidunt orci malesuada imperdiet metus auctor amet consectetur gravida dictum a.

Last edited:

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
Speak to Planet to confirm, but I believe they are exactly the same. No Mod plate required as they would be considered Standard fitment on VFII Redline.

They're there as an option if you want to go that way.

Are the part numbers on these the exact same part numbers as on the SSVR cars? I'd require them to be exactly the same to have no modification plate requirement.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Speak to Planet to confirm, but I believe they are exactly the same. No Mod plate required as they would be considered Standard fitment on VFII Redline.
They're there as an option if you want to go that way.

Same caliper but have differences to be model specific. So for Brembo/GM, they use different part no's to differentiate which model they fit and colour. The Camaro frt brembo calipers brake hose attaches from the top and the Holden specific frt brembo calipers, the brake hose attach from the bottom. So the Holden brake hose will be long on a Camaro frt brembo caliper and may foul on suspension parts.

Also the brake pads specific for the Camaro brembo caliper have round weights and will not clear Holden wheels. The round weights can be ground off as they only their to help reduce squeal or buy pads to suit Holden application which will clear the wheels.

Last edited: