Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NGK Iridium spark plugs

T

tgolds1

hi, i was going to buy some NGK iridium spark plugs today but fund out they are nearly 30 bucks each as opposed to 4 bucks for the normal ones. are they worth it or should i just stick with the normal ones??

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
I bought a set about 6 months ago, and there is no noticeable difference. I found that the acceleration a little smoother, but probably due to the condition of the previous plugs. The best advantage of the Iridium plugs is they are supposed to last for about 100,000km. So depending on how often you change your plugs normally, there's not much of a saving on $$$. Keep your receipt in a safe place too.

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
but myth that they are better. ok basically heat range is the same, gap is the same. conductivity is the same. everything is the same as the normal ngk's the only difference is they last like 5 times as long. but they also cost 5 times asmuch. so instead of changing ur plugs 5 times u only have to do it once! so its 1 and a half or the other

jazza21

Executive (Ex-Police)
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VS II Exec 1997

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
I'm just glad our VS Ecotec can use normal plugs...who cares if they don't last as long as Platinum or Iridium plugs?
My sons '90 twin-cam 4-AGE engines Corolla Seca REQUIRES that you use those plugs...did he get a shock when he bought a set and it cost him $120 for four plugs!!! I know a guy with a sporty Nissan of some description (Gazelle I think) which has a "twin spark" motor, so he has to buy EIGHT of the bastards when he gets new plugs... :b:

At the price they are, you'd want them to last "100,000 kilometers", as claimed... :confused: