Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nissan GT-R V's Lamborghini Gallardo

INNAWE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 5ltr
Well the wait is nearly over, only 18 days to go before I am flying into Las Vegas.... Sorry I had to start off with that just to rub it in a little lol.

While over there I have been thinking of doing a few laps with a supercar but really couldn’t decide on what to drive. At exotic racing they offer pretty much any sort of super car / race car like Nissan GT-R, Porsche 911 - 997, Lamborghini Gallardo - Aventador, Ferrari 430 - 458 also the Mclaren plus a few others.
One obviously stood out for me in that being the Lamborghini Gallardo, the Aventador apparently is an absolute arse to drive... plus cost a lot more lol. So I was set on the Gallardo........ that was until I started talking to a few people and they were saying I should go the GT-R. I did a bit more research and yeah the GT-R looked like a beast that of the line not many could beat. And since I will be going around a track the top speed wouldn’t come into play. So when looking at it the GT-R would be a lot more fun.
So I am going to do what any aussie would do in a similar situation ...... drive both and compare the two lol...... I mean... Come on. Who gets a chance to be able to drive and compare a 530hp, 661Nm 0-100 in 3.1sec Nissan GT-R against a 550hp, 540Nm 0-100 3.9sec Lamborghini Gallardo.

Anyways, I will post up the lap times of both and see what comes of it....
What are peoples thoughts on these cars and which do you think I will enjoy the most?? My money is on the GT-R for thrill factor but Lambo on exotic factor.

Cheers
Scott

lamborghini-Gallardo-LP-550-2_2012-0-3.jpg

2011-Nissan-GT-R-Review-Press-24-625x416.jpg

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
When you tell your mates on the weekend of "What you Drove today?" what do you think sounds more impressive?

Today I drove a Lamborghini

Today I drove a Nissan

INNAWE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 5ltr
yeah I have thought of the 458, but.....

Farrari 458 Italia
7 laps = $539

GT-R & Gallardo
7 laps & 5 laps = $579

So value for money will come into play at some point lol.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Lambo /Thread.

Here is the think... of all those 3... ALL of them will knock your socks of and unless you drive them side by side than you will not know which one is actually better.

So no matter which you drive, you will be grimming like a retard with their hand down their pants at the end of it.

IMO, go on what S.T.K.E said.

Which is going to be more enjoyable to say when you reminice about it,

1. I drove a Nissan GT-R... yeah... cool... But you can pop down to certain dealerships and get a test drive.
2. I drove a Ferrari... nice... which one?
3. I drove a Lambo... #### YEAH! No follow up questions about which one because ####, who cares which one, you drove a lambo!

INNAWE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 5ltr
Ok..... so Im thinking nissan my be ditched for more laps in the Lambo...

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Go the lambo.. Although the nissan GTR is a beast and it would be awesome to spin around a track being AWD and Twin turbo. But one thing is LAG not sure how much the GTR has (if any). Or like jesternats said 458 italia cause is a god damn sexy beast also.. Might even pick up a sexy beast while you there. Also would make some awesome pics. But taking in what you said about value for money the gallardo would be best option. Maybe instead of $579 for GTR & Gallardo maybe throw the extra you were going to spend on the GTR to get some extra laps in the gallardo. You might even be able to convince them to give you a 1 lap test drive to figure which one you enjoy most..

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
or you could drive the gallardo and the aventador?? i know that would be the way i would go haha