Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nissan RB CAM qustions

BIG DYL

BIG DYL
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT calais
it was a joke mate.....you know haha funny funny.......geeze ease up turbo before you blow a conrod!

what its all good just dont let it happend again lol.

ok does anyone know where i can get a gts cam or a proformence cam or a complet rb25det head setup in south australia

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Check out the calais turbo website, will be your best bet.

BIG DYL

BIG DYL
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT calais
nope there is nothing on there that i could see

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
what its all good just dont let it happend again lol.

ok does anyone know where i can get a gts cam or a proformence cam or a complet rb25det head setup in south australia

u pull it would be your best bet, thats if your handy with tools... either that or just jap spares

BIG DYL

BIG DYL
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT calais
u pull it would be your best bet, thats if your handy with tools... either that or just jap spares

yer im heding there tomorro so ill have a look around

fonzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina s2
ive built a quick vlt in the past. forgies, eagle rods, billet crank, race port head.. u can put the 25 or 26 head on the 30 BUT some 25 26 heads wont fit properly due to bolting patterns. i had a single cam rb 30 head ive raced many of 25/30's and 26/30's with simular work done the 26 keeps up the 25 not a chance u still see single cam heads making massive power u dont need to screw with ecu's to run sensors on the 25 and 26 heads. u dont gotta worry about compression etc etc. just stay with the 30 head put a cam matched with how u want the car to run i had a huge cam and it was a pain in ass but up high it hauled ass! trust me ive looked into putting a twim cam head on it wasnt worth the time, money, and the difference it makes is really nothing.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
Get a RB25 head out of a series 1 R33 Skyline, they need a little machining to fit but they are the best value as the cam profiles are better ( so im lead to believe ) and they are normally pretty cheap.

You can also use a RB20 or EARLY ( as in R32 or S1 R33 ) RB26 heads

DON'T get SII R33 or later RB25 or 26 heads as they won't fit at all due to the switch to vvt.