Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nitrous Vy set up info.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
^^^ your mate is lucky he hasn't bent his conecting rods, spraying Nos at to low Rpm's bends rods, spraying it while bouncing of the limiter will detonate it :bomb:. And for this reason a correctly setup window switch is a must IMO. Also forgot to put in in my other post a the stock fuel pump will support a 100hp shot of wet Nos before its needs to be upgraded, a walbro 255 intank should take it out to 150hp-200hp.

Last edited:

tommygun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
So I'm goin to need a fuel system upgrade then. The 044 external set up looks like the one I want.
How does it work? Do you you hook it up in line with the other standard tank? Because there is a problem in my fuel system somewhere I haven't diagnosed or fixed yet. If it turns out to be my pump I'll have to replace it.
So if there's something wrong with my pump can I replace it with the external one or do I need both for the 044 setup to work?

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
So I'm goin to need a fuel system upgrade then. The 044 external set up looks like the one I want.
How does it work? Do you you hook it up in line with the other standard tank? Because there is a problem in my fuel system somewhere I haven't diagnosed or fixed yet. If it turns out to be my pump I'll have to replace it.
So if there's something wrong with my pump can I replace it with the external one or do I need both for the 044 setup to work?

You will need an internal pump that will feed your surge tank and then an external pump that will feed your rails you will also need a fuel pressure regulator and various other fittings and lines

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
I live in nsw so I'll be ok. So anyone got any good links, or anyone that has done a wet system on a cammed ls1 got any tips?

As far as I am aware VSB14 applies in NSW:

Vehicle Standards Bulletin 14 (VSB 14)

LA 2.14, p12 "Nitrous oxide injection systems must not be fitted. This prohibition includes a partial installation or
a disconnectable nitrous oxide system that is fitted to the vehicle ready for use."

Interpret that as you wish.

I can say that it is possible to hide a nitrous oxide system so well that it requires substantial disassembly of the car to detect it. Substantial disassembly is unlikely in any roadside inspection or even a roadworthy inspection. It may not be if you are unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident, particularly one in which someone is serious injured or killed.

Some components, such as wiring, cannot be ascribed specifically to a nitrous oxide system and it is possible to have a system so simple that it is possible to "install" it in the pits at an off street drag meeting. You can't be fined for carrying a box of N2O system parts around. There are some restrictions on carrying a bottle containing N2O though.

I have used both of the above strategies. I have never been fined for having an N2O system fitted or even inspected. The latter I suspect is due to the external appearance of the vehicles into which the N2O systems were fitted.

tommygun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
Yeah I just go off the phone with the rta (or whatever they are called now) and it is illegal in all shapes and forms. I asked if I could have any of the plumbing hooked up with no gas and he answered "it is illegal" as he did with all of my questions. I also asked about permits or if there is any way possible I can have it set up and he answered the same way he did to the rest if my questions "it is illegal"

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
I spoke to a place on the weekend and apparently its bassically the same in Vic, can't have the bottle in the vehicle and can't have any plumbing to it/where it would sit.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
So probably the only option would be a dry system which plumbs it through the air intake.. Easily removed.. But still probably a pain in the arse..