Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Camo VE snapped

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Juzza said:
A few questions to all the haters:

Did you like the VR when it was unveiled? (if applicable)
Did you like the VT when it was unveiled? (if applicable)
Did you like the VY when it was unveiled?

What is your opinion (looks) of the VR, VT and VY now?

IMHO the VT looked great from day 1. I also think the VX SS is one of the nicest shapes of all time. I do have to put my hand up and say I didn't like the VY when it was first released however it definatly grew on me enough to get one of the last of them. I'll wait till I see the new car in the flesh before I make any judgement but with the possible exception of the rear wing being a little too big in proportion to the rest of the car, it looks like it could be the goods.

Reaper

**still think the VX SS is one of the best looking cars ever made.**

joel87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
i dont mind this car so much after seein all the photo shops ppl have done on it great work everyone completly changed my perception on it thanks heaps

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
How about a eurolook wagon?
(yes I'm getting carried away and worse at it)

Attachments

• Wagon.JPG
    Wagon.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 305

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
That is spectacular work for paint. On the origial car the cars lines just don't connect. Cant wait till it comes out. VZ calais prices will tumble.

Last edited:

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Its deff growing on me.... however the body is to honda accord for me and im not liking it... too rounded... not VN/VP enough for me....

I wasn't caring too much about the VT when it came out but im sure still hating it now! ha!

aZk.

soulyouth

Space Docker
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold for scrap :(
Loved the VR from Day one

VT hated it for years, only just growning on me now

And everything above the VT is just rubish, wouldn't set fire to it.

My dad just bought a SVZ in that blue, not a bad car but still not a fan.

BTW the VH was the best looking one ever, the grill, the bumpers they all look hot!

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
See the Honda Accord in it. I do like the Accord Euros so that would be alright. Not those American Accord VTI crap things though. Either way it's not gonna be crap, right, somebody, please.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
All the "is it this? is it that?" is really getting old. I have been doing a lot of readin on this site over the last couple of weeks and there seems to be one common factor... NOBODY seems to get that Holden will test anything in any way they like, not just on individual final products... Why not see how the current HSV calipers perform on the new car? Why not put some "pods" (more likely testing/engineering equipment) into a test mule?

Porsche are currently testing the new Panamera chassis (to be shared with the new Audi A7) with the Cayenne body as a disguise...

Manufacturers test in ways we know VERY little about so to say things like "it's most likely the sportiest Holden" or "people think it's a HSV" is just plain ignorant. It's a test car, it has a code assigned to it, engineers get data from it... Nothing more, nothing less.

The only final answer we will have about what the VE looks like and what the model line up is, will be when it's OFFICIALLY released from Holden. But keep speculating, it's great to read :)

Personally, I'm still a firm believer they will shock all with a hatch.

stahlzy

Reaction score
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
Personally, I'm still a firm believer they will shock all with a hatch.

Quite possible, yet I doubt it would be released or even mentioned until the VE has been on the market for a while. If they do so my guess would be it wouldn't be released until the "update" model, Series II or something along those lines.