Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No clutch?

PEAKN6

Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbros.co.nr
Members Ride
1982 VH SL/X 6cyl 4spd, soon to be a Mild 253
well i got my vh going today after we had the motor in peices, i was happy to hear it run but when i went to drive it the clutch just didnt wanna play.

we had the gearbox off to put the new clutch in and am 110% sure the clutch is in right because the last one worked and i put it in the same.

ive adjusted the cable right out, but the pedal is still sitting heaps close to the floor but the cable is still connected.

does anyone know why my clutch would'nt be working? im hoping the motor doesnt have to come back out.

cheers, Brad

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
The cables stretch, but i wouldnt think it would be that, it would stretch over time more so.

PEAKN6

Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbros.co.nr
Members Ride
1982 VH SL/X 6cyl 4spd, soon to be a Mild 253
yea well thats wot danny thought it couldve been aswell but then he took it for a drive and reckons its definatly not the clutch, but it feels like there is sumfin wrong with the cable, so i might just try another cable if we have one and see what happens :thumbsup:

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
There's no pressure on it at all, ya just tap it a fraction and it's at the floor...but yeah I rekon it's not connected right at one of the ends....I doubt it would stretch over a week of it being out.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Here's a vid I quickly chucked 2gether, filmed it yesterday when we went for a spin. Not that it really matters but just thought I'd chuck it in here lol :p

YouTube - PEAKN6 No.4 - First drive.