Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No engine light Vn v8 no fuel and no start

VNSS90

Reaction score
Members Ride
180sx/ve ss
hey all my mate has bought my old calais from me. Wen he bought it it started and ran fine but didnt have The trans in it since then hes fitted the trans and now the car has no engine light and the fuel pump dosent kick in we have checked all fuses and relays and all seem goodalso put a few different ecus in any one have an idea why it wont start?

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
near the ecu is a white plug going to the dash loom (9 pin plug with some unpopulated terminals) has this been unplugged?
If it's still plugged in then get a multimeter and prob the pink wire and check it has 12 volts with the ignition on, even unplug it and plug it back in to make sure it's not a bad contact.

looks similar to this one, although this is a VR plug look for the pink wire
YB62A.jpg

VNSS90

Reaction score
Members Ride
180sx/ve ss
reckon we cleand that befoer will have another go today cheers for thr reply mate

VNSS90

Reaction score
Members Ride
180sx/ve ss
just done a check only has 3 volts

vn calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais
just wondering if I could bridge from a 12 volt ignition source or could that end up causing more problems

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
check the ignition switch, undo the cowl around the back of the steering wheel and make sure the switch hasn't shat itself, same deal, probe with multimeter, if less than 12v replace the small black part, 2 screws and easy to remove from the back of the barrel.

you could dodgy it up and find a 12V ign source from somewhere else without causing any problems but i'd be looking why it's failed.....

make sure the big fat red wire has 12 volts also, but if the starter is turning the engine over then it looks like it'll just be the 12V ign feed to the ecu.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
The VN Calais has the anti-theft system and a switch in the glove box. If that isn't working properly, the ECM won't have power to it and won't turn on the CEL. That may be worth checking also.

VNSS90

Reaction score
Members Ride
180sx/ve ss
all sorted now cheers for the help the pink wire was cut inside the glove box we traced it from the 9 pin plug n found it was cut