Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No heat in my VS Senator

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Is it possible that the hoses are reversed on the heater core i.e. the inlet is on the outlet and vice versa?

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
wll i ran water through both ways and it flows both ways so i imagine even if it was it'd still give a little heat, The biggest thing i can't figure out is why the wee pipe next to my right leg is cold, all my other commodores its been hot all the time, even the heater pipes aren't hot maybe warm, is there a way to bleed them as they're much higher than the radiator.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Ok im much closer to figuring it out now, there was a lot of air stuck in the heater pipes, but not really the problem, its goes hot when I cycles from cold to hot, for about 1 minute then goes cold again, ive checked the tap to see if its losing vacuum but seems fine and it looks like hot is no vacuum and cool is vacuum. so now its gotta be something electrical, anyone else had this?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
PM me with your email address and I'll send you the ECC diagnostic instructions from the Holden VR-VS Service CD.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
The VR-VS diagnostic is already on here somewhere too. (It's not the same as the VN-VP one.)

A fault in the climate control still wouldn't explain why the heater doesn't get hot with the tap held open because all the climate control does is switch the vacuum to the tap on and off. (Or does it get hot now?)

There is a temperature sensor that clips onto the heater pipe on the cabin side that prevents operation of the heater tap until the coolant is warm.

Pipe next to your [U ]left[/U] leg? They might get warm through conduction but they shouldn't be hot unless the heater tap is open.

I asked the question about the pipes being reversed because the water pump directs flow in one direction only. I don't think it will matter but...