Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No heater after flushing cooling system?

Salada

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual
Hahaha let it go nuts for about 15 minutes, it seems to be improving ill continue letting it go, am I wanting it to not release any air pressure at all? Or just for the water to be constant? Appreciate the help guys

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
If the water is spurting and not a constant stream... that indicates air. If it's a solid stream... that means there cannot be any air.

Salada

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual
had it doing the same thigh over and over for a total of 45 minutes, surely nothing's gonna change, honestly think it's normal. I'm not having any problems apart from the heater. Could the tap be fkd? The hoses after the tap into the firewall aren't burning hot like the others. Even with the heating pumping full. Could someone check theirs and let me know? Cheers

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Open it up more...

Salada

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual
It was opened fully.. Tried again today no change. Must be a larger problem. Really frustrating

HICOMPVN

Wanting That Lil Bit More
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR SII Commodore
honestly, it sounds to me like a massive air block, and your heater tap is rooted, I'd jump down to SCA and pick a new one up for $25, flush your system again, with both hoses off rad and engine.
install heater tap,(turning hot on dash) flush engine with garden hose from water pump, so the flow comes up the engine. Then, into thermostat inlet, and down flush.
install, bottom rad hose to water pump, fill rad. then install top hose on rad. hold top hose above thermostat, and fill till flowing out thermostat inlet. connect top hose.

fill overflow bottle, and yeah flush the hose from rad to o/flow, open bleed screw

turn engine on, get warm. (usually I wait till the thermo fan kicks in) if still bubbling out and not a stream, there is a major air block, and you may need to high preassure flush the system.

but if there is no sign of bubbles, or what you were experiencing in the vid. then all cool, should be blowing hot air in your face,

I just flushed my system 2 weeks ago, and had the same issue, but it was my h/tap that had **** it self.

hope that helps.

where bouts in melb r u ?

Salada

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual
Okay turns out the heater started working out of the blue and everything was sweet, nothing is wrong with the tap. So I dropped it as it was only water and actually used coolant this time. Everything seemed fine, no issues for days. today coming home 5 minutes from my house it skyrockets from half to pretty much full heat in under a minute. Turned it off let it cool (had coolant all over the engine bay) and got myself home. So yeah I'm convinced it's air :(

@hico, I'm in east keilor. I'm gonna try topping it up and bleeding it that way. Otherwise I might try out the coke bottle method. Thanks for that

Edit: filled it up from the top hose and bled it, after a couple of seconds no more air and everything's good. Cheers guys. Can't believe I got such a headfk over something so simple haha.

I just hope it didn't do any damage when it hit hot. Would it of?

Last edited:

HICOMPVN

Wanting That Lil Bit More
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR SII Commodore
Ahh glad you got it worked out, as long as you had air flowing, and you didn't drive it for 2-5 mins with it just sitting there then, you should be fine, get some decent coolant in there and you wont have a problem over heating and also have a good heater, I recommend tectaloy gold. good ****!!!

sometimes the simplest things can be.!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride

galahs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I had the same problem with air in the system, stuck in the heater,
and sheet you not, the second I pulled my head out from under the hood feeling the temp of the heater hoses, one exploded shooting boiling coolant everywhere.
I was a very luck boy!