Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no indicator, urgent help plz.

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
sounds like the hazard button to me i had the exact same problem mate as you can tell its a pretty common problem

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
yer ive noticed its pretty common well yer ill try the hazard button then.. is it just the button on the hole connection?

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
hey got a new hazard button on the way jus a quick question on how the easyest way to get it out off the dash and disconnect the conection.. btw ive already got the dash removed and all switches unplugged

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
alryt jus plugged the new hazard switch in but still no go.. the thing is when i push the button in i c an here a click behind the dash as if somethings going on.. problem is my battery is half flat but as soon as i get my hands on one off the neighbours chargers ill give it a go again and hopefully it will work.. failing that does any1 else have any other ideas b4 i bite the bullet and call up the auto electrician? id really rather not have to call him, could the flasher relay that i replaced be the wrong one and how do i know which is the right one as the guy in supercheap was no real help.. oh yer and after i changed the flasher relay the hazards wouldnt work as well as the indicator but could be just the flat battery atm well see

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
this post wont help you sorry. but

i hate those guys in supercheap, why dont they ever hire people that know what they're rtalking about, not some punk 16 yearold that knows nothing about cars.....

im stumpped on this one. i thought for sure it'd be hazard button.
?...i dunno, probs wrong though.. sorry buddy

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
mas 614 - i'd try charging the battery, never know, ive seen cars do some massive strange things when the battery starts going flat. but if you charge the battery and still you can hear a single click from in the dash when you press the hazard button or use indicator switch, sounds like youve been sold the wrong flasher unit, or its faulty.

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
yer thnks anywais s2 vr i didnt actually take the button itself off the connector just left it on but ill try taking it off on the wknd or maybe 2moro when the battery is charged again and i put the old one bak in but am not hearing the click behind the dash when i push it in and when i put the indicator to left or right there is no click with either new or old hazzard button.. im thinkin most prob the flasher relay is the wrong one but it looked the most same as the original one so yer thnks wamboin i myt try that next if no go this wknd lol.. really startin 2 give me the shits.. such a small thing but can have such impact while driving

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
oh and yer s2 vr it crap as well cos i had 2 go in 2 days in a row cos the first day i asked this kid and he sed better 2 bring the old one in cos he had no idea so i brought it in the next day asked some girl she had no idea asked this other kid and he tried 2 act like he knew but jus took a guess as did i dnt think they will give me a refund or exchange now tho since the receipt is god knows where and the packaging in the tip by now lol