Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No more Rove

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
Well last night Rove McManus said live on his show that it was going to be the last one ever, kind of a shock for me as i've watched it since i was like 10 years old.

Anyone else watch the show? There was no signs or anything that it was the last he said it then and there :(

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
I used to love watching rove but in the last year, it was just not good anymore. They used to do some cool things on the show, i'm talking about 3-4 years ago.

B

BXHD

i know!!!! when he was like, "this will be tha last show, EVER" i was like, "WAAAHHHHHHH??!?!?!??!?!"
i rekn ppl will crack the shits about it being such short notice lol.

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
I saw the bit where he announced it was time to call it quits... Good on him, channel 9 wrote him off in the early years and ten years later he is one of Australia's most well known TV personalities.

I think it is a good thing he has decided to call it quits now on a high, as opposed to falling from grace and losing popularity prior to getting axed in years to come (how long that would have been who knows).

I am sure it won’t be the last we see of Rove on TV though.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Woohoo, 1 less crappy show on the airways, now if we can only can the morning news rubbish shows, the current affairs rubbish, TV could almost be worth watching.

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
Woohoo, 1 less crappy show on the airways, now if we can only can the morning news rubbish shows, the current affairs rubbish, TV could almost be worth watching.

+1, never really got into rove.. he reminded me to much of a horse jockey, and them mofo's freak me out

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
He wasn't that funny, but easily the funniest on the show. Will be interesting to see what crap they come up with to replace it.

And he still has Roving Enterprises so no doubt he's still going to be making a bucketload of money from other productions.