Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no petrol day

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Shounak,

I would rather walk than use public transport.

Are you the love child of John Howard?

C.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Sashyre said:
Shounak,

C.
See.. Things getting stupid now..

If you are against any of my points then counter them properly rather then spout that kind of tripe..

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
oh dear.........look what i have started! whoops lol

i only posted this thread because i wanted to know if people filled up their cars on the 22nd

R

rattattack1313

Sashyre said:
Shounak,

C.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .I've been thinkig the same thing!!!! loooll.....

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Public Transport, the solution to all the worlds problems from nasty old polluting motor cars...

OK, I'll take public transport to and from work. I work from 2pm until 10pm each weeknight...oh, but usually I like to get there anything up to half an hour early to find out what has been going on and prepare...and sometimes I'll have to stay back later to tell my replacement what has been happening and what to do if there has been problems...I'll place and order for a bus to conveniently wait for me outside my home sometime between the hours of 1.30pm and 1.50pm, and turn up at work at 10pm to pick me up, but he better be prepared to hang around just in case I have to stay back a bit later? And will it cost me less than it does to ride my BMW motorbike to work for a week? I'll do it if it does, but I'm damned if I'm going to pay more money just to satisfy some bunch of lentil-sucking dole-bludging tree-fugging greenies driving smokey old Kombi vans and wanking on about my evil polluting lifestyle... :ranting:

...Oh for the good old days of my Charger slurping down anything up to 120 liters of fuel a week, or even now with my nasty evil Kawasaki two-stroke 750cc triple, which is lucky to crack 18mpg around town, while pumping out noxious two-stroke fumes.... :air:

...ahh...that's better...again.... :yeah:...I love to stir the pot... :yeah:

R

rattattack1313

Onya mate....the freedom of Motorcycling...these cars are OK....but they are NOTHING compared to a good ride on a decent Motorcycle.......

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Ahhh...someone who "knows".... :yeah:

Knows the feeling of the wind and the smell of the bush as you cruise along a back road or country highway, knows that you are using far less resources much more efficiently than any car, and having a shitload more fun to boot!

I see that with rising petrol prices, more and more people are asking about scooters and bike licences...great!
As for fuel economy...my BMW R-65 gets about 50mpg on the highway, and costs about $15 to run to work for around three weeks. My '74 "widowmaker" Kawasaki H2-750 triple two-stroke (in my avatar pic) is a bit sad though...around 18 to 20 mpg in town, but up to 35 mpg carefully ridden on the highway...but on one of those things, the demon quickly takes over and whispers in your ear "go on, go for it..." ...they are the two wheeled equivelant of a 426 Hemi Roadrunner...in blasting acceleration and fuel efficiency...:w00t:
My fuel economy king is this little baby:
ProudOwner.jpg

How economical? Try well over 100mpg, and that is out of a 1964 Vespa 50cc two-stroke with my, ahem, substantial big boofy bloke frame seated on it... :whistling :yeah:

As for cars, our '96 VS Berlina with ecotec and auto uses less fuel than our 1982 Rodeo long-bed ute with 1.6 four cylinder and four speed...we have no plans of getting rid of it because of fuel prices.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Wombat said:
but I'm damned if I'm going to pay more money just to satisfy some bunch of lentil-sucking dole-bludging tree-fugging greenies driving smokey old Kombi vans and wanking on about my evil polluting lifestyle... :ranting:

...ahh...that's better...again.... :yeah:...I love to stir the pot... :yeah:

I hear you bro - and am with you there. I live in an area where there are a pile of hippies and god they annoy me with their long grey hair and rainbow coloured clothing, most stroll around with no shoes on and have black feet *shudder* The kombi vans and home made tricycles invade the car park of our local shopping centre, covered in stickers. I am going to get a t-shirt made with 'more dolphin less tuna' and wear it to the supermarket, then in a loud voice at the checkout, demand everyone of the 50 items I have in the trolley be placed in a seperate plastic bag. hehehehehe

As for public transport, again I say I won't use it. I am not going to sit next to either a B.O. smelling dole bludger who can't afford a car or some rowdy school kid who is screaming at his mates up the back. I can afford the petrol so why suffer with the lower classes I say?

Yup - love to stir the pot. (Now you can see why I have the title I have :D)

C.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I'd have to agree with (insert name she actualy uses on this forums....), **** public transport if you can afford petrol. SAs public transport sucks, and if your not going from the city to the 'inner' suburbs, your pretty much screwed!

everyone asks me why i still go out cruising with the price of petrol as it is, i say who cares! Cheaper than smoking, much cheaper than drinking, and a shitload cheaper than spending money trying to keep a woman happy! (no offence clair...lol)

R

rattattack1313

Helll yea, Wombat!!.I always read your posts with interest...because I know I( or someone else reading it) is about to learn something........cars are OK...but Biking is the way..........can't wait to be on 2 wheels again........

Last edited by a moderator: