Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no power full battery

gav555666

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series 2 HBD limited edition 035
hi just went to start car after not being started for a week and ive got no power-nothin.
i got a voltage guage and it seems to be down pass zero as if the polarity has been swapped or something.
so i thought it might be just a flat battery(which is only a couple months old-and found to be fully charged),so put charger on to see if that gave me some power,but still nothing until i turn the ignition and the volt guage goes straight to 14v as if it was running,but the fuel pump,stereo and something else in the front just make loud humming/distortion like sounds. what do you reckon? thanks

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
could be a fuse blown under the bonnet seams most likely

do you get any lights on the dash? interior lights? brake lights? indicator or hazards?

gav555666

Reaction score
Members Ride
have checked every fuse and swapped all the relays...what is the relay or fuse i should be concentrating on more if that is the prob tho?
and no lights or anything door locks wont open or close with remote. only time i get any sort of life out of it is when charger is attached and ignition on..but even then doesnt seem to be close to working how it should

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
ok so when charger is attached:
what lights do you get, interior? hazards?
with the ignition on do you get dash lights?

what im trying to sus out is if power is getting past fuses n whatnot.

remove the connections to the battery, and plug the charger straight to the connections and let me know if its any better?

are the connections on the terminals tight and clean on the battery? remove clean and try again

gav555666

Reaction score
Members Ride
every light on the dash turns on when trying to start with charger even the light on the speed alert and interior light doesnt come on,dont wnat to leave the ignition on trying stuff because theres some pretty f@cked up sounds comin from everywhere.have checked the battery connections and wires all seems to be looking normal

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
what are the ####ed up sounds? where are they coming from? describe them each individually and where they are - maybe thats causing you the issue

have you tried anything else that i have suggested? we need as much info as you can give us.

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
make sure the terminals are clean and the connections (both - and +) are up tight.

seen that happen a few times.

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
as said make sure battery terminals are clean on the battery and the sockets . Also make sure that the cable going into the socket is clean I have seen the cable get full of corrosion and cause this issue if it is green get some hot water onto the wires and clean them right up

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
I reckon it's the battery.

Can you get it to charge when disconnected from the car?

Does it hold the charge you give it?

How many amps did it draw?