Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No trac control button??

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
just becuase you weren't given the option to switch it off, do you really think holden would leave out a safety option such as traction control????

Yes, because it costs money

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I have had a few VT/VX's depends on the model whether it had TC or not, my VT Executive did not have it, the VT Berlina did, the Acclaim had it as well and my VX SS has it.
Pretty sure if there is no button it equals no TC, just had a look at the VTII sales brochure and it was an option on the lower spec models as part of an options package.

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
My 2001 VX-Spac has no traction control button, But I'm pretty sure it has traction control, Because When I put my foot down it seems like my car just cuts off petrol, "Isn't that what its meant to do on that model?"

Don't really give two shits though, Don't want my car impounded for burnouts, And if I have traction control there's a reason for me not to do them "Even though I wouldn't"

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
well i know for certain mine does not have t/c and same as my old vt berlina did not have it either, t/c was an option in the earlier models.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
GMH likes to confuse you. I have a 1998 s1 Acclaim which has both Traction control and the button to turn it on/off. Left/passenger side of the shift lever. It is a bit hard to pick it under the bonnet as it built into the abs module.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Originally Posted by NVMYVT
just becuase you weren't given the option to switch it off, do you really think holden would leave out a safety option such as traction control????

It's optional on some models so yes they will leave anything out to save cost.

bobgen111

Reaction score
If you have no button, you DONT have trac control.
I have first hand knowledge of it.

dannyVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Non! Sold the Berlina
If you have no button, you DONT have trac control.
I have first hand knowledge of it.

I have a VT 1998 Berlina without the traction button but trust me it has traction!! the exec's and lower end series I commodores did not have traction all together and if they did they DID they did not have the button. The series II commodore onwards (if it has traction option eg. acclaim calias/berlina) has the switch to disable it.