Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No traction

98NVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L VS Commodore/Raptor supercharger
Hi I have a vs commodore ute ecotec v6 pushing 130rwkw @ 365rwnm. I go to give someone a run and I just sit there spinning. Doesn't have a lsd am getting a brand new lsd and different gears in 3 weeks. What are some good rear tyres that are sticky...

Just ####ed spinning. And tyres have about 70% tred.

Thanks ay

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Just dont boot it as hard. Even my bog standard V6 would spin the tyres when it was auto.

EDIT: sorry tyre lol

98NVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't boot it. I getba mass adrenaline rush and I #### up. Spin then I back off then spin... shits me. Lsd and full tank ofnfuel I reckon will help

ShawtyNate

In the feels.
Reaction score
Members Ride
But I would think with a LSD would make it spin more because it would be harder to gain traction wouldn't it?

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
You just have to learn to drive your car, Does it have a high stall converter? If guys with their blown V8s can take off without doing a stand still you can too.

98NVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
What's betternstalling up then racing or sitting there then give it slowly till floored.. stalls out to 3grand I think

89vn_Jai

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exectutive
ShawtyNate:2278844 said:
But I would think with a LSD would make it spin more because it would be harder to gain traction wouldn't it?
No LSD is all about more traction.
+1 for getting a LSD. What brand are the tyres? Because you can still have 100% tread and shitty traction from crappy tyres. And maybe learn how to take off better because it would be a tad harder in a lightweight Ute

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L

LSD = more traction... because you don't single peg. Basically the whole point of an LSD.

You just have to learn to drive your car, Does it have a high stall converter? If guys with their blown V8s can take off without doing a stand still you can too.

+1 on this.

If I can take off without spin in my car (and I only have nexens on the back atm), then surely you can learn to do it in your car.

It's called throttle control.

Tyres and LSD will help, but at the end of they day if you just mash the throttle, you're going to light up.

I had pirellis on my wifes old Hyandai Accent and if I just dropped and mashed I could light those bad boys up easy.

Last edited:

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Can I suggest buying some tires that are not the cheapest available.

cheers
Mat