Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

noise in rear suspension (Barina)

macka75

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim
Hi all,

Firstly i want to appologise for this not being about my vs but the girls car is making noises. its a 1994 barina. early shape.

the rear suspension has a clunk in it when driven or rocked side to side in shed. I thought it was bushes but they seem to be ok, not great but ok. the noise seems to be coming from the shock absorber on passenger side. Can these shocks be taken out with out messing with the wheel hub, I want to disconect the shock and rock the car side to side and see if the noise dissapears ( thus confirming to myself its a shock problem) but apon inspection it seems i have to take whole hub off to remove the shock..
any help on this would be greatly appreciated..

thanks in advance all.

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
Maybe check the swaybar links first.

macka75

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim
thanks bro, had a look and couldnt see much, girl took it to the local and he put it on the hoist and found a bolt that needed abit more grunt put into it. he tightened it gave the back end a greaze and all for the cost of a thankyou. I couldnt find the bolt cause when i jacked it up i put a load on the part and the bolt appeared ok. got a couple bushes that i will replace on weekend just to save doing them later on when they are completely gone..