Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Noisey Rockers

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Is the rockers and push rods the only mod to the motor and is it a big improvement?

extractors, exhaust, throttle body, plenum spacer and cai. massive improvement over stock, 4th is now another 3rd so knocking it back from 5th down the freeway actually does something now. I dropped the oil today and filled it up with 20w-50 and its quiet now so it must have just been the oil :)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Another way of wording it, did you rotate the engine to top dead center when installing each rocker?

Cheers. I couldn't think of the right words to use. Brain just wasn't feeling the love.

MACE

Reaction score
Hi 5speedvx,

"I had a set of 1.98 rockers and crow pushrods fitted to my vx about 2 weeks ago and they are still ticking and making abit of noise 2000klms after being installed... any ideas why or haw to stop it? oh and they gave the car a MASSIVE improvement!!!!! but the noise sucks!"

It sounds like you possibly have an ecotec which has excessive casting flashes in the push rod holes. Mostly this is a problem with the VY model commodores although it is becoming apparent that some VX Commodores also suffer from the same problem.

To confirm you will need to pull the push rods out and have a look at them, about a 1/3rd of the way down the push rod and see if there are any marks.

If this is the case we can supply you with stiffer pushrods or modded ones to suit at no extra cost

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.

Kindest Regards,
Bart

MACE

Reaction score
For the record we also have a diagnostics/troubleshooter procedure on our support site for our rockers and our other product groups, in case we're not easily available to resolve your problem

Troubleshooter - Product Groups

Troubleshooter - Rockers

Hope this helps

Kindest Regards,
Steve