Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Non-SIDI VE SV6 Mods - Anything Successful?

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Hey guys, i got a 2008 VE SV6 Ute. Looking for some more power out of it of course.
I've just put an exhaust on it, thinking about CAI and a tune.
Anyone seen some good results?

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
There are a few things with some good results.

CPR6 Performance Manifold - Gains of up to 25hp, expensive though but the price is coming down over time.
Mace Manifold Insulators - Engine runs cooler and does perform better as well, check out Mace in the sponsor area.
Pacemaker Headers - Unfortunately I've searced and found no one has done comparison dyno runs but people do say that the car runs and sounds better (Unless someone can correct me)
Stainless Steel Headers on ebay - has dyno results and increase of 4.6kw
CAI - Airhammer seems to be the best out of the pods, might get 10hp without tune
OTR - a few places offer this as well, seems this gets very good results with an OTR after a tune. Results I've seen on another forum.

I'm sure people have tried most if not all of the above mods and have posted results, a search will help you out there.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
There are a few things with some good results.

CPR6 Performance Manifold - Gains of up to 25hp, expensive though but the price is coming down over time.
Mace Manifold Insulators - Engine runs cooler and does perform better as well, check out Mace in the sponsor area.
Pacemaker Headers - Unfortunately I've searced and found no one has done comparison dyno runs but people do say that the car runs and sounds better (Unless someone can correct me)
Stainless Steel Headers on ebay - has dyno results and increase of 4.6kw
CAI - Airhammer seems to be the best out of the pods, might get 10hp without tune
OTR - a few places offer this as well, seems this gets very good results with an OTR after a tune. Results I've seen on another forum.

I'm sure people have tried most if not all of the above mods and have posted results, a search will help you out there.

Thanks mate, after reading that the only things i can really see worth doing still are the Exhaust, CAI and a Tune.

so my next thing will be a CAI. Either the Airhammer or the Growler? why do you think the airhammer is better?

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
No worries.

From reading posts from other people the Airhammer gives better sound and performance and no matter who you ask about the Growler it just has a bad reputation, personally I've never had either so I can't comment on it myself but I would probably play it safe and go with the Airhammer.

I would also recommend the Mace Manifold Insulators, cheap and effective. Which you can install yourself as well. Mace also states that the insulators increases low down power by 10% and thats on an Alloytec.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Yea i have been reading a few bad things about the Growler actually. Would be good to hear a few things from people with first hand knowledge. I've had a look around, but there isn't much on non-SIDI V6's. Might have to start a thread.

I haven't heard of these insulators, i'll have a look at Mace now

phillsau

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz sv6
i have an 05 sv6 running on premium and it was dynoed at 199rwh with genie extractors and a 2.5" cat back and it drove well and now i have put on an ss ind growler a week ago it seems even more responsive and is using less fuel per 100 allready ... will be getting it dyno tuned soon and will post the results ,,my current dyno sheets a posted in the dyno sheet post on page 5 i think