Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

noob to commo's

mirlin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Berlina II
I'm about to invest my hard erned cash into a vx berlina! juz wondering what i should be on the look for, problems, rough prices i'm expected to pay and the diffs between a series 1 and 2?
i'm updating from a 93 magna, i decided sumthing nice and sumthing grunty would be the way to go any help would be appreciated

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Ok, sorry to piss on your dreams but a VX Berlina will not be grunty. It's not a "grunty" car and was never designed to be. It's a rock solid performer that will give you very few drama's, but not a performance car..

You want grunt? Get the S/C 6 or go the GenIII V8..

Main issue was the tyre scrubbing one. Tyres were lasting about 10,000km on the Series 1 VX's. The problem can be rectified with a four point camber kit ($300).

The problem was rectified in the Series 2 VX with a nice little control arm in the back. So no camber kit required..

As for prices, check www.redbook.com.au

Oh, and if by grunty you mean compared to a '93 Magna. Then a V6 Commodore will be the go. Drive one first and see how you like it..

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Shounak said:
Ok, sorry to piss on your dreams but a VX Berlina will not be grunty. It's not a "grunty" car and was never designed to be. It's a rock solid performer that will give you very few drama's, but not a performance car..

You want grunt? Get the S/C 6 or go the GenIII V8..

Main issue was the tyre scrubbing one. Tyres were lasting about 10,000km on the Series 1 VX's. The problem can be rectified with a four point camber kit ($300).

The problem was rectified in the Series 2 VX with a nice little control arm in the back. So no camber kit required..

As for prices, check www.redbook.com.au

Oh, and if by grunty you mean compared to a '93 Magna. Then a V6 Commodore will be the go. Drive one first and see how you like it..

The problem wasnt in ALL of the VX's, some people experienced some people didn't. For a comfort level the berlina is nice. It will go alright especially after an auto remap and a retune to match.
I would defiantly get a series 2 if you can, few small fixes that make it a better buy :)

mirlin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Berlina II
i dont know if there are any economists out there but how will the new VE (when it comes out) affect the prices of the VX's?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
mirlin said:
i dont know if there are any economists out there but how will the new VE (when it comes out) affect the prices of the VX's?

Take one guess..

Chances are you guessed the right thing...

mirlin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Berlina II
lol stupid question i know but was wonderiing weather it would be dramatic as in the thousands or not being as it aint the same bod as the VY VZ. Would it be worth my while waiting a couple more months?

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Offtopic but... I'm waiting for the release of the VE - then wait 6mths to trade up from the VT to VX or VY.

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
year me too, but id be goin for an 's' or 'ss' because by the time ive spent money lowering, body kit, rims, etc its cheaper to buy one already done!