Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Northern Territory - TRIAL TO BEGIN ON REVISED SPEED LIMITS

Marko_SJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 utility
I feel sorry for the p platers ,from what i,ve heard about nt ,the faster you can get out of there the better.

Haha. Probably says more about the person who told you, if they were to made to feel unwelcome. :)

Keepleft

Mot Adv-NSW
Reaction score
Always visit Tasmaniac, mostly to read. On most key AUS motor forums, even at Whirlpool & Austech.info. Been busy of late damnit - yet - must get back to nagging non territorial government again, its time. Cheers.

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
A Marko alludes -
the southern end of the trial area is 10 km from Alice;
but the Northern end is 1,350 km from Darwin -
so us Top-Enders won't be much affected.

Guzzoline - you keep thinking in your own way - we're fussy about who we want to join us here in paradise. Marko is on the money.

KeepLeft - I haven't looked at NT traffic laws much since the ARRs came into force, but the default limit in NT used to be 80 kph.
I'll go to the airport (not much out my way) - there's an explanatory sign there, for the new arrivals.
And yes, I have a fluoro shirt, for changing wheels at night. I recently got one with lots of reflective tape, for $2 at the Red Cross Op Shop.
Road safety doesn't have to be expensive, I'm sure you'd agree.

Update: in N.T. -
the speed limit in built-up areas is 50 kph, unless otherwise posted;
the speed limit outside built-up areas is 110 kph, unless otherwise posted;

Last edited: