Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not a real SS!!!

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
its got s-pac rims aswell not SS

I think those rims are the SS rims for the VR but became the S rims for the VS as the VS SS got new rims.

spd_dmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Exec, 5.0L BT1
Yah, I think it is an SS. I have been 'researching' some more and there was a 'cop spec' SS, which did not have the front foglights and some other things, but goes harder than the standard SS. All the SS gear is factory fitted so it's not a mock up. Also saw another one exactly the same today in Hoddle St.

Spoke to the dealer today, he's not gnna discount it anymore (I already got $1k off it) so will be picking it up tomorrow!!!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
good work and good buy!

Its amazing how getting a lil info from these forums, and doin a lil research urself gives u that extra edge :)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yah, I think it is an SS. I have been 'researching' some more and there was a 'cop spec' SS, which did not have the front foglights and some other things, but goes harder than the standard SS. All the SS gear is factory fitted so it's not a mock up. Also saw another one exactly the same today in Hoddle St.

Spoke to the dealer today, he's not gnna discount it anymore (I already got $1k off it) so will be picking it up tomorrow!!!
THEY ARE NOT AN SS!! They were simply optioned up execs, as all BT1's are. The V8 models recieved the SS interior trim and thats it. They came without the bodykit, without the rims, without the foglights, without the badging, etc.
They also don't go any 'harder' unless its one of the QLD highway patrol cars which used the HSV 185i packs.
The car should have the following:
ABS, FE2 Sports Suspension, IRS, LSD, Driver's Airbag (SRS), 80L fuel tank, Sump protector plate and fuel tank protector plate, Door interior light switches disabled, map reading light/interior light, special brake pads (front and rear), certified police speedometer, with light in instrument binnacle over speedo (to read speedo no lights on), and the seats have SS embroided on them.

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
Either way mate, if you like it, genuine or not, makes no difference, my utes not a REAL maloo, but with all the body kit, the 185 chip, who can tell, i knew it was only a mocky when i got it, but im still over the moon about it (and with the power increase from my old 2 sh**y 3, most im the time im over the speed limit too)

spd_dmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Exec, 5.0L BT1
Either way mate, if you like it, genuine or not, makes no difference, my utes not a REAL maloo, but with all the body kit, the 185 chip, who can tell, i knew it was only a mocky when i got it, but im still over the moon about it (and with the power increase from my old 2 sh**y 3, most im the time im over the speed limit too)

Agreed! .

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
take a pic of the dash, see if its the orginal BT-1 or if its been changed