Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nOT sURE

VNCommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 3.8
Are All Cd Decks Compatable With Subs. If Not What Do You Loo For And What Outputs Are Needed To Attach

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
a sub needs to be run through a x-over so it only plays bass and not music too! to really get your sub to perform you'll need an amp to run it through you'll pick up a 2 channel with a built in x-over pretty cheap or there are decks available with a sub pre-out but you'll still want an amp to get it going! it is possible to get any deck running a sub but weather or not it'll perform is another question!

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I wouldn't even consider running a sub off a head unit.

Can get an amp for pretty cheap that will do the job

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
i agree with bextor but didn't want to say i wouldn't run a sub of my deck although it can be done!!!

gumbs

Spoon?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Jap Crap dreaming of an LS1
No idea wtf lilkel is going on about but I'd be looking for a head unit with either 2 preouts and a nonfading preout option or 3 preouts. IF you go for 2 sets of preouts you would normally hook your sub amp up to the rear channels and your fronts of either another amp run off the front preouts or just off the headunit. It can be done with a head unit without nonfading preouts but if you fade your rear speakers then the sub will become quiter. Getting a head unit with 3 preouts is oyur best option but these are more expensive.

VNCommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 3.8
cheers boys. i want to run it of an amp. i have already got the front anr rear speakers runnign of an amp. i have three holse in the back of my head unit with nuttin in them. so is this the holes that you connects ya amp to whivh then goes to the sub

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
gumbs said:
No idea wtf lilkel is going on about but I'd be looking for a head unit with either 2 preouts and a nonfading preout option or 3 preouts. IF you go for 2 sets of preouts you would normally hook your sub amp up to the rear channels and your fronts of either another amp run off the front preouts or just off the headunit. It can be done with a head unit without nonfading preouts but if you fade your rear speakers then the sub will become quiter. Getting a head unit with 3 preouts is oyur best option but these are more expensive.
wtf i was going on about!!! it IS possible to run a sub off a deck! go to jaycar or somewhere like that buy a x-over and run it from your speaker wires! the sub will do what it is supposed to but obviously without much power to run! and the question was can any deck run a sub!!! yes it can!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
likel is absolutly correct, in fact you do not even need the x-over. He was stating it merely as a fact not as a suggestion. It's stupid to do it. But in reality tyhere is no reason what so ever you couldn't.

A subwoofer is no different to a 4" speaker. they perform differently.

gumbs

Spoon?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Jap Crap dreaming of an LS1
I didn't say likel was wrong I said I had no idea what he was talking about. I've never heard of anyone runnign a sub off a headunit its tecnically possible but that doesnt make it a good idea.

and back on topic
By holes do you mean av terminals (like on the back of a tv) if you have 3 just hook your amp to the 3rd unused one and your sweet.

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
i never said it was a good idea!!! i said it could be done!!! and who said i was a guy???????