Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NRL - who are you backing for premiership 2012

tonza

Beers & Blastbeats
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VX Exec S2
Why they didn't pick Sims is beyond me. You'd only need to watch any Cowboys game to see why he would be a better pick. And why they picked Haynefag is another mystery. One of the Morris boys would be a million times better. Pearce is only picked because of his name.

On another note, i have no idea why Petero was picked for the Maroons. He is way past his prime, slow and plays what? 20 mins of club footy a week?

QLD 7-0 this year, can't wait

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Can see the second game having a whole new team, its just plain stupid really.

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
I think as long as qld keeps the same team they have in previous years, they cant go wrong.
The fact of the matter is, NSW really has no one to choose from. Every year its like a team of rookies with a few old fellas thrown in
for experience.
I think that it will be 7 years straight this year for QLD :D

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I think as long as qld keeps the same team they have in previous years, they cant go wrong.
The fact of the matter is, NSW really has no one to choose from. Every year its like a team of rookies with a few old fellas thrown in
for experience.
I think that it will be 7 years straight this year for QLD :D

Is it really anything to be proud of though?

We have plenty to pick from we just seem to pick the same morons year after year.

tonza

Beers & Blastbeats
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VX Exec S2
Well we (QLD) have a great team, winning formula, team that gels and works well together, why change?
Winning any Origin series is something be be proud of, winning 7 in a row is something even more.

What NSW need to do is pick a team that works together and play well with eachother and know their strengths and weaknesses. Once you have that team, stick with them and let them grow and develop together. They seem to always change a team a hundred times after each game to get results. Unless you have some stability, you won't get the team to gel and work in unison with one another.
Just my opinion

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Well we (QLD) have a great team, winning formula, team that gels and works well together, why change?
Winning any Origin series is something be be proud of, winning 7 in a row is something even more.

What NSW need to do is pick a team that works together and play well with eachother and know their strengths and weaknesses. Once you have that team, stick with them and let them grow and develop together. They seem to always change a team a hundred times after each game to get results. Unless you have some stability, you won't get the team to gel and work in unison with one another.
Just my opinion

I agree completely, i am not a NSW selector so i can't help that much. I'd say there will be a minimum of 4 changes (probably more) for round 2, Its just stupid.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Is it really anything to be proud of though?

We have plenty to pick from we just seem to pick the same morons year after year.

The problem is you have to many to chose from and dont stick with the same morons year after year.

We were forced to stick with the same team because they didnt have a lot to choose from. They had to choose from Broncos and the Cowboys and if they sucked you didnt have the huge stocks to choose from like NSW did. Now with the Storm being such a powerhouse and it being essentially a Queensland based team (HQ based in Qld and has feeder teams in QLD) theyve got a third side to feed from. Theyve got 3 teams with a large Queensland player base who all play together week in week out and who have played with each other on a rep level for almost 7 years. Of course they are going to be good.

NSW dont have a team that plays with each other on a club based level to the same extent as the Qld guys, so when they get together for State of Origin they have to learn each other and adapt. Then when game two comes, theyve lost and the selectors have a fit and pick 5 new guys and the process starts again.

I liked what Ricky Stuart said when he started, he said he wanted full control of the team, he wanted to build a team, not select one. Thats what Queensland did.

I rekon NSW have hit some luck this year though. Kurt Gidley is injured so he cant be selected and #### it up.

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
The problem is you have to many to chose from and dont stick with the same morons year after year.

We were forced to stick with the same team because they didnt have a lot to choose from. They had to choose from Broncos and the Cowboys and if they sucked you didnt have the huge stocks to choose from like NSW did. Now with the Storm being such a powerhouse and it being essentially a Queensland based team (HQ based in Qld and has feeder teams in QLD) theyve got a third side to feed from. Theyve got 3 teams with a large Queensland player base who all play together week in week out and who have played with each other on a rep level for almost 7 years. Of course they are going to be good.

NSW dont have a team that plays with each other on a club based level to the same extent as the Qld guys, so when they get together for State of Origin they have to learn each other and adapt. Then when game two comes, theyve lost and the selectors have a fit and pick 5 new guys and the process starts again.

I liked what Ricky Stuart said when he started, he said he wanted full control of the team, he wanted to build a team, not select one. Thats what Queensland did.

I rekon NSW have hit some luck this year though. Kurt Gidley is injured so he cant be selected and #### it up.

Lol completely agree. Especially with the kurt gidley comment. He is such a tool!

Qld sticking with the same team has proven to be a winning combination. Also helps the Australian team with being mostly a Qld side too.

Qld ftw

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK -Project-, VX R8 Clubsport
... well i HOPED at the start that parra would get up and have a go but yea .... im disapointed as all hell .... maybe they can stop running around like faries and get tries and MAYBE scrape in the top 8 .... not holding my breath