Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nu Finish??

AngryVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
Has anyone used the Nu Finish car polish? it says it has absolutly no wax, and gives a brilliant shine that lasts ages.. does anyone know if its any good?

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
Has anyone used the Nu Finish car polish? it says it has absolutly no wax, and gives a brilliant shine that lasts ages.. does anyone know if its any good?

I use the Nu Finish Car Wash, and its one of the best I have ever used.

I used the Nu Finish Wax years and years ago, and my memory of it was that it worked quite well. Its more of just a shine, colour enhancer type product and doesn't offer much in the way of physical protection for your paintwork.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but its been quite a few years since i used it, and the old memory is fading!

AngryVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
I use the Nu Finish Car Wash, and its one of the best I have ever used.

I used the Nu Finish Wax years and years ago, and my memory of it was that it worked quite well. Its more of just a shine, colour enhancer type product and doesn't offer much in the way of physical protection for your paintwork.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but its been quite a few years since i used it, and the old memory is fading!

Oh ok thats interesting about the car wash, may have to give it a try! Theres so many products out their especially in the way of wax/polishes. It gives me a headache! thanks for the feedback, anyone else used the Polish??

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
my father-in-law swears by it. his car always shines even when it's only had a wash. i've just bought some too but haven't gotten around to using it yet.

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
If i remember correctly the ad for that they had a car in a wrecking yard with dull paint so they polished it and left it for 12 months and come back and it was still shiny( as if they did leave it that long). i use to use it and its good for shine but not sure about protection cause i would polish with it once a month just to keep it shiney cuase i am fussy.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
The Nu Finish in the orange bottle is what i use. it says "the once a years polish" but cos i cant park my commy under cover i redo it every month. It works very well for a 10-20minute application time. My dad has used it on his 1984 KB ford laser for 23 years and the paint is MINT condition. So yeh i would say give it a shot lol.

Nick

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
bout a month ago i hit the vx with new finish. came up ok but ive been reading up on paint protection skimmed through about 50 different websites and im pretty keen to try that out ive read a fair bit about it and according to the testimonials and info they give its heaps better than using car polishes/waxes and lasts about 5 years also protects against acid burns like bird **** & even brake fluid.

anywho heres some pics of the vx with a hit of new finish

Last edited:

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
ah forgot to mention its like $15 for a bottle of new finish and its like $200 for the paint protection if you apply it yourself and like $400 if you get somone to do it for you

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
i use nu finish on the VT i have nothing 2 complain about it except dont lean on ur car or u'll end up on ur arse :p haha im gonna put it 2 the test on the VP soon as it has old and faded paint on the roof so will b interesting 2 see how she comes up