Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

o2 sensor/s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Ok would it be safe to assume that if the factory header setup worked with one 02 sensor, any aftermarket header setup for the same car would also be designed to work with one 02 sensor?

And where would be a good place to source a new 02 sensor, a quality one with a reasonable price?

Yer a replacement would have one sensor. More than that and you wouldnt have anywhere to plug them in. Not sure with commos but my mate had a lot of trouble with his territory due to where the sensors were placed in the new header. Doubt its to much of an issue with VR but i am sure one of the boffins in here will soon correct me if i am wrong. As far as i could work out it was to do with distance from the engine (the further away the colder the exhaust).

Any decent parts place will have them or can order them in. When i had my VS i used NTK sensors. But Bosch also make them. From memory i think AC delco made the OEM parts. Some petrol heads i have bumped into over the years swear by NTK or Bosch. Shop around because i found the prices to fluctuate quite a lot. Installation is fairly easy as long as you know how to use a spanner.