Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

O2 sensors

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Hi guys, thought i would share some info.
My car is VX SS mafless tuned. It always seemed to run ok, and returned around 13-14l/100kms. However recently with the air con running its been playing up. Between gear changes, the car would nearly stall and the revs would fluctuate between 400-900 rpm when it settled down, it was quite frustrating.
I decided to look at the O2 sensors (as my PCV system was new and a stuffed one seems to cause similar symptoms) and found they were still the originals!! The car has done 150k!!
Anyway, got some new ones and i must say , they have made a hell of a difference. The car drives smooth, idles well and the economy has improved to about 11l/100kms without a change in my driving habits. No more fluctuating idle issues either.
Probably a pointless thread for most, but if you are experiencing any of the symptoms my car was displaying, check your sensors. It cost me approx $130 for 2 and worth it in my opinion. They can be bastards to get off however, just make sure you have a 22mm spanner to remove

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
I had the same problems as you couldnt even do a u-turn without the damn thing stalling all the time, turned out to be o2 sensors also only got 105k before they were stuffed. Got them for $48 each.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Where are these sensors might change mine lol on a 245k engine they might be shot. My car has been acting abit funny with gearn latly aswell but not as bad as the above.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
They used 4 on the VZ :( Costs about $500 to change the lot! :cry:

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
NVE 069.... sensors are in your exhaust just before the cats. One on each pipe.
Danja are you sure, i thought there were just 2, one on each pipe similar to VY but closer up to the engine?

buggzy

Reaction score
NVE 069.... sensors are in your exhaust just before the cats. One on each pipe.
Danja are you sure, i thought there were just 2, one on each pipe similar to VY but closer up to the engine?

**** maybe thats whats wrong with mine... just now and then it stalls when you put it in reverse to fwd and the air con is on... i recon its also low on power.... it was maffless tuned about 8 months ago now and its got 140,000kms on it.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
bingo! thats what it is... when my air con is on it seems to miss a few beats here and there... got my maffless tune done back in august last yr and reckon mine has lost power too... or i just got used to it..

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
OH thoese things lol I should have known that lol I just changed my system hehehe.

Yeh mine only plays up with the air con feels like its lost quite alot of power an changes all wired. Yet it hasnt stalled. but the misses said it sounded like it wanted a few times

NEVER HAPPENS WHEN I DRIVE IT LOL!!!

Cheers

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
V6 190kw jobbers have pre and post cat sensors (re:4) whereas the standard V6 has only 2 narrowband sensors(re:2). The front 2 sensors on the SV6 are actually wideband oxygens sensors. wonder how long before a company comes out with a p'n'p monitor to utilise the widebands ?