Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OBD II Scan tools

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
Ok so just quickly, I have a ScanGaugeII that has all the cables and what not. I want to know, is there any programmes I can download that will let me monitor on my laptop.

I want to be able to scan my O2 sensors to see if they are ok... But any supporting links could be awesome!

Thanks!

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
How did u get one of those. Lol

How much did it cost u if u don't mind me asking?

I too am looking at getting a scan to see if my oxygen sensors are buggerd. Have a look at my tread consumption fuel economy.

I would live to own a scan tool.
Cheers

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
I bought it online... scangauge.com/buy/australia or something like that...

It tells me a whole bunch of stuff, But does not scan the O2 sensors, and only brings up error codes.
I think it was about $160.

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just want software that I can use the scan gauge cord with and plug it straight into my computer and have it recognize the cars readings without paying money for a whole new setup.

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
I just want software that I can use the scan gauge cord with and plug it straight into my computer and have it recognize the cars readings without paying money for a whole new setup.

If you have an iPhone u can get the cable from eBay search: OBD iPhone.
Then download the software for free if ur iPhone is jail broken other wise it costs 60 from AppStore.

Has anyone tried this setup?

VeeZed Driva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
I've just ordered a GL1 diagnostic cable for my I-touch should be here in 3 days. I have to get an app from I-tunes probably Dashcommand (about $60; I teach Auto workshop at my school, so here's a tax deduction). Note: carbonga app doesn't read Holden.
GL1 connects your vehicle to your iphone, ipad or ipod touch | GoPoint.

There are other cables such as KIWI WiFi from PLX.
PLX Kiwi Wifi - Connect your iPhone / iPod Touch to your car's OBD2 OBDII Port.. watch this space- I may end up with egg on my face.

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
I've just ordered a GL1 diagnostic cable for my I-touch should be here in 3 days. I have to get an app from I-tunes probably Dashcommand (about $60; I teach Auto workshop at my school, so here's a tax deduction). Note: carbonga app doesn't read Holden.
GL1 connects your vehicle to your iphone, ipad or ipod touch | GoPoint.

There are other cables such as KIWI WiFi from PLX.
PLX Kiwi Wifi - Connect your iPhone / iPod Touch to your car's OBD2 OBDII Port.. watch this space- I may end up with egg on my face.

I had a look at both of these but don't know which one would work better?

What do you think the difference may be between them?
How much did the GL 1 cost you?

If your idevice is jail broken you can download dash command for free :)

VeeZed Driva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
The GL1 cost $90 odd plus $30 delivery. I got it because it was cheaper and I thought carbonga was a good alternative to DashComm :(. The plx Kiwi looks like it works well on Youtube. My mates kid tried jail breaking his Itouch the other day and it shut down on him. Totally black :(

Last edited:

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
The GL1 cost $90 odd plus $30 delivery. I got it because it was cheaper and I thought carbonga was a good alternative to DashComm :(. The plx Kiwi looks like it works well on Youtube. My mates kid tried jail breaking his Itouch the other day and it shut down on him. Totally black :(

When it arrives let us know if it's worth it, maybe a few snaps in action would be good aswell. :)

As for your mate with the itouch I hope it's all fixed now.
If he holds down the home button and sleep button simultaneously for 10sec + it Shuld do a hard reboot coming up with the apple logo.
If that doesn't work try tiny umbrella and press kick out of recovery mode :)

Keep u's updated.

Cheers
Dave.

Last edited: