Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OBDSync - Holden Programming Software

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Game changer, can't wait to try this on my VE.

I was about to resort to buying an MDI module as no dealers want to do calibration updates anymore now Holdens gone, but I couldn't justify the $400 odd for a chinese knockoff with questionable reviews.
Whats more concerning is I am coming across literally hundreds of Holden VINs from VY through to VEs, along with Cruze, Colorados and a bunch of other Holdens which no longer have any programming options using GMs online system.

It comes up saying "No programming data available", so anyone needing to actually fit and program a replacement is being left in a pretty bad situation.

The setup we are creating is designed to replace Holden/GM. Since they are clearly not a reliable option anymore.
Its a huge undertaking, but.. we are making it happen.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Whats more concerning is I am coming across literally hundreds of Holden VINs from VY through to VEs, along with Cruze, Colorados and a bunch of other Holdens which no longer have any programming options using GMs online system.

It comes up saying "No programming data available", so anyone needing to actually fit and program a replacement is being left in a pretty bad situation.

The setup we are creating is designed to replace Holden/GM. Since they are clearly not a reliable option anymore.
Its a huge undertaking, but.. we are making it happen.
Wow thats terrible.

Mine's been needing the P0420/0430 calibration fix for ages so hopefully this will be the solution I need.

I'm heading overseas for a few weeks but when I get back I'll start tackling it and let you know how I get on, keen to give it a crack.

Thanks for fighting the good fight for the community!

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Wow thats terrible.

Mine's been needing the P0420/0430 calibration fix for ages so hopefully this will be the solution I need.

I'm heading overseas for a few weeks but when I get back I'll start tackling it and let you know how I get on, keen to give it a crack.

We are still working on the engine computer updates/replacements, but will have updates for that hopefully soon.
Just keep an eye out on the websites supported module list for when its added.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
We are still working on the engine computer updates/replacements, but will have updates for that hopefully soon.
Just keep an eye out on the websites supported module list for when its added.
No worries, I'll still buy a token/cable when I get back to have a play with the other features in the meantime as the tech2 is just on loan from a mate so this will be a good replacement anyway as I use tunerpro for my other car so to be able to use the one laptop for both vehicles is ideal anyway.

Reactions: Lex

Torqueup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX,VY,VZ,C6 Z06
This is something we are looking into. Were you just looking at customizing options in your ABS (EBCM) module?
Yeah, i can use the tech2 to change the options, but im curious if there are hidden options that don't show up. I.e in this case having a 6l80e option for trans. if it doesnt have it could we load in a calibration that does. almost like a custom flash.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Yeah, i can use the tech2 to change the options, but im curious if there are hidden options that don't show up. I.e in this case having a 6l80e option for trans. if it doesnt have it could we load in a calibration that does. almost like a custom flash.
We definitely can custom program items. Shoot through an email with what you are doing, and I can further analyse what you are after.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Wow thats terrible.

u can disable the P0420/30 error in hpt if u have older version ?

OldSkoolGP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman SS, VZ Pontiac GTO
Everything I've done is through the Tech2, but what I have discovered is that you can only use certain combinations of engine, trans, chassis and suspension. I think the Tech 2 is limited in what combinations it will permit. As far as running a 6L, I think the most important setting is to select the engine as V8 L76 & L98 because it knows to look for the 58x crank signal. I reprogrammed my 2006 GTO ABS module to be happy with an E38 ECU over the stock E40. Tried the same programming with a 2005 GTO ABS module and it would not take. This could enable me to revive some of my hopes for my Crewman build.

Last edited:

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Everything I've done is through the Tech2, but what I have discovered is that you can only use certain combinations of engine, trans, chassis and suspension. I think the Tech 2 is limited in what combinations it will permit. As far as running a 6L, I think the most important setting is to select the engine as V8 L76 & L98 because it knows to look for the 58x crank signal. I reprogrammed my 2006 GTO ABS module to be happy with an E38 ECU over the stock E40. Tried the same programming with a 2005 GTO ABS module and it would not take. This could enable me to revive some of my hopes for my Crewman build.
This is where being able to custom program comes in handy, we are not restricted in anyway like factory tools which makes those needed custom edits possible!