Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Odd problem

stansvetec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
Just spent the weekend fitting my stazza in my VZ SS. Battery disconnected for the weekend. All went well...except....

Car runs fine, but every now and again when coming to a stop, my rpm's drop to like 200-250 and it's anyones guess if it will stall or cough and splutter. Normally I idle at 500-550 and when it's behaving, it idles correctly.

My mechanics scan tool CANNOT communicate with the Engine, Transmission or ABS systems. It tells him that it's 'Not Present'...yet the car, auto gearbox and abs obviously work fine. Since he can't talk to the car, he cant diagnose/reset any of those systems.

He's kind of stumped. I'm buggered if i know what has changed. Apart from a new amp, headunit and steering wheel interface, the only thing thats changed as far as the car is concerned is i cut 2 wires from the stereo loom.

HELP!!!

Cheers

Chickenboi999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Sportswagon S2
not wrong there mate
odd problem indeed
cant really think of much, computer problems obviously if it aint communicating
but cant see how have battery discon for that time would do much
sorry man not much help

oosty85

YSPOOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 & VR CALAIS 5L
my vz ss started doing this aswell about 3 weeks ago..mostly at round-abouts when i pull up quickly it shutters in nuetral or with foot on clutch for about 1 second tops and then the tacho jumps back up where it should be. but yeah it's like it over-compensates when dropping down and then corrects....very odd indeed.

However, i have not change spark plugs since i bought it 50,000kms ago so it could be running originals who knows!