Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Odometer reading - - - - - - post flat battery and jump start

Jarad Wilkinson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Seies 2 Sportswagon
Hi,

Battery went flat in VFII Evoke sport wagon the other day, RAA jump started and since then the odometer reads - - - - - - and the trip computer - . -

Auto electrician came out and did diagnostics and cleared all error codes, said to take for a drive and the odometer should fix itself, but hasn’t.

I’ve removed battery, taken just negative lead off and still nothing.

Auto electrician will come back this week, but any idea what problem is. Everything else works as normal and no other problems.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
sounds like it got a spike from the jump start, if it dosnt fix or cant be programmed then its prob new cluster

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
There is always a risk of spikes when connecting a flat battery to another car whether the other car is running or not. Considering this fact, you’d think the manufacturers would provide some inbuilt spike and inrush protection to those expensive electronic modules scattered around a vehicle (but where is the profit in that :eek: ) :rolleyes:

You can get jumper cables with inbuilt spike arrestors. I’d expect road side assistance should use such style jumper leads and if they don’t then they are responsible is they screw up your ecu or whatever. Afetr all, they are the professionals and must provide their service with due care and skill ;)

PS: from what I’ve read, the oddometer should update as data is also store in ECU... have yo7 tried scrolling through all cluster display options?