Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

off to regency :(

burns#44

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp calais
my mate scaned his tyre placard onto his computer and changed it to stock 17'' inch coz hes got 19s..... got pulled over one day for a random breatho and the cop had a look at it and believed... said he was free to go hahahaha:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
. But thats the bull**** part cops can defect you based on their opinion- they have no formal qualifications as engineers so I don't understand how they can have the authority to defect you on something that they have as much knowledge on the subject as the next person.

Thats the reason they do it...

They have no qualifications to judge if a vehicle is roadworthy or not, so if they suspect it is not, then they send you to where the experts can check it.
It's a theoretically sound idea, but flawed in practice.

It wouldnt be a big deal if the inspections were free... but theyre not, so it is a little unfair, but hey.. other states have yearly inspections... we should be glad that 90% of the time we drive around in cars that would probably be defectable with no hassles.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
my mate scaned his tyre placard onto his computer and changed it to stock 17'' inch coz hes got 19s..... got pulled over one day for a random breatho and the cop had a look at it and believed... said he was free to go hahahaha:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

it depends if your stupid or not.

Like suggest you put a placard on a VB that says you came stock with 20s, obviously unbelieveable.

My car only has 18s, but the placard says 17s, which is from a VP HSV. So technically comletely legal.

Have you Actully got an Appointment yet? Keep us updated on what happens.

ben k

ben
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais S2
nah still haven't booked regency yet getting everything done first, rims are changed over, gas tank being tested this week and steering wheel i don't know yet...ill post a pic of my problem later and see if anyone has any quick-fix ideas.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Thats the reason they do it...

They have no qualifications to judge if a vehicle is roadworthy or not, so if they suspect it is not, then they send you to where the experts can check it.
It's a theoretically sound idea, but flawed in practice.

It wouldnt be a big deal if the inspections were free... but theyre not, so it is a little unfair, but hey.. other states have yearly inspections... we should be glad that 90% of the time we drive around in cars that would probably be defectable with no hassles.

I have had customers come in that have been defected for non existant problems in S.A. Since they are N.T. rego they have come to see me to get the faults fixed before going over the road to have the defect cleared. Every one that has been given for a non existant problem I have had cleared for no charge. I suppose that is one of the advantages of yearly inspections.
I had to laugh one day when I was pulled over during a roadworthy blitz & one of the MVR inspectors attempted to do me for a tyre protruding from a guard. Once I pointed out to him nicely that he was the one who inspected it a week previously for rego purposes his attitude changed completely & nothing more was said.

fnlow1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais '93
So ready for regency now? Let us know when your heading there.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
other states have yearly inspections... we should be glad that 90% of the time we drive around in cars that would probably be defectable with no hassles.

That's right, be thankful. It's a complete mother****er going through making sure everything is on par, taking it down to the mechanic and then realising you forgot to clear that blocked windscreen washer jet and the bugger is gonna fail anyway. (or something similar) Aaaaand we have to do that every freakin year. :p Thankfully the local mechanic is a good bloke, had a quick laugh at my expense and then sorted it for me this time. :D

ben k

ben
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais S2
vn calais steering wheel on after covering 40+ wreckers in adelaide and somehow still not finding a vp cal steering wheel
its like a ****ing bus
regency booked for April 18th
allowed to drive round till then after going to cop shop and showing the fixed defects
just gotta get the CUT springs out of there and swap them ova for some stockies...and should be alllll good :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
good luck ben
i knwo the feeling to many times
you should be fine if ya make sure everyhting is good