Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil cap blew off supercharged 383 stroker now it doesn't seem right???

Blu383

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 Vt supercharged 383 stroker
Hey guys, I have a vt with a 5L that's stroked to 383 and supercharged. Haven't had the charger on for long but it makes 370rwkw. Anyway took it out and gave it a descent run the other day and when I put the foot into it, it blew the oil cap off and shot oil everywhere. Found the the cap, put more oil back into it but now it seems to be idling rougher than it was before at low rpm. Any one have any ideas, could oil have gotten somewhere and just needs to be cleaned or could something internal gone wrong? Cheers guys

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
was the cap screwed on 100%?
have u got plenty of crankcase ventilation??
Compression tested?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
sounds like the supercharger isnt setup correctly if you blew the oil cap off, pcv hose plumbed in after charger instead of before, add boost, pressurize crankcase.

best case you've wasted some oil, maybe popped a vaccum line somewhere, so now its running rough

worst case you could've blown oil away from bearings and such, and done some internal damage

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Blu383

Reaction score
Members Ride
The oil cap I had was an aftermarket chrome one so I've scrapped that and put the stock yellow one back on, as for the PCV setup ill have to have another look and see how it's setup. Hopefully it is just something simple, bloody things cost me a fortune to build! Lol
Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it!
9aneraga.jpg
ebasypav.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Blew the oil cap off? Thats a lot of pressure where there shouldn't be a lot of pressure. More pressure in the crankcase then in the cylinders!

Blu383

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, engine was already built before I charged it, the heads have been decked something chronic so I'm thinking of getting some stock heads to lower the comp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk