Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil catch can install

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Questions have been raised about how i have my catch can plumbed. What are your thoughts. Car in question is a 2005 VZ Alloytec 190kw with 140,000 km on the clock.

My setup
Both 'ports' on the rocker cover's have been plumbed into a T piece then that goes into the lower port on the catch can. The other port is plumbed into the intake pipe after the maf.

Possible Issues
The Passenger rocker cover is a 'breather' so i have been told.. and, should be plumbed into the intake pipe. In a perfect motor, with no 'blow-by', there wouldnt be a requirement for a catch can anyway. Blowby would be occuring from this 'breather'. The other side or drivers side is a PCV where the gases are emitted, etc etc.. this is supoosed to be plumbed into the occ, and has been. No issue there.

I have both outlets on the intake manifold connected to each other.

anyway, how would you connect a catch can to an alloytec, without boost.

06Calais

Keeps me Broke
Reaction score
Website
img717.imageshack.us
Members Ride
06 calais
looks like no body knows. I want to do same thing. Im sick of all the oil and crap in my upper intake manifold even dribbles down into thott;e body sometimes. also when you say "after the maf" have you made a new hole in the plastics there etc? why not just have the outlet of your can "plumbed" back into the original Upper intake manifold hole (of which there is two)? that way the gasses that re not caught by can are returned in a similar way to original GM Design? It would seem that Alloytecs suffer badly from blowby. A lot of oil comes though the PCV into the upper intake manifold, also called an intake plenum.

d-reck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Commodore
oil catch can

looks like no body knows. I want to do same thing. Im sick of all the oil and crap in my upper intake manifold even dribbles down into thott;e body sometimes. also when you say "after the maf" have you made a new hole in the plastics there etc? why not just have the outlet of your can "plumbed" back into the original Upper intake manifold hole (of which there is two)? that way the gasses that re not caught by can are returned in a similar way to original GM Design? It would seem that Alloytecs suffer badly from blowby. A lot of oil comes though the PCV into the upper intake manifold, also called an intake plenum.

i have actually put one oul catch can In my vz alloytec 3.6 commodore with no turbo or mods. Im actually thinking about putting a second one in. Im still yet to take my first occ off to see if its worked. I have put it on the passenger side of the car and hopefully it should be stopping some of the oil that goes into the air intake.