Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil for service

SS60NV

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Your not getting the point I just hate NULON and scared to use it in anything because of using it in the past and every time something goes wrong.

castrol and penrite is all I use and while using them two only products in all fluid changes I have not had a single problem in the past 5years.

Do a search on nulon your self its sh1t. Your reading everything off the nulon site of course they will say its the best oil... Its a business they are trying to make money from anyone

bozodos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 MY06
Ok well some random on a forum telling cool stories about he hates Nulon is not going to sway me either way. When it comes down to the absolute nitty gritty of it, frequency of changes is probably the most important factor (especially with semi or mineral oils).

Blaming a commercial brand of oil for engine failures (assuming you weren't an idiot and using a completely wrong grade or type), is something I find very hard to swallow without any evidence.

SS60NV

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Your retarded. I said I wont use NULON again!! you can use whatever you like its your car so do/use as you like.

Go use NULON i cant stop or change your mind.

Enjoy your 10kw gain from a oil change. Put a roll cage and update your brakes you will need it.

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Just follow what your books tell you. The General gave you the information needed to look after your car.
You then take a trot to the local oil seller, check the numbers against The General's numbers...........And BINGO.

Spot on.

Look just go on Penrite or Castrol's web site page and enter your car model in the search then scroll down it tells you everything!!!

GO here please and just have a try--->> Penrite Australia - NetLube

^^Type the model of your car then search eg: VZ SS ...........THEN under the search scroll through the list pick the car that matches your car then scroll down it should list all the info you will ever need for any fluid your car will need and if you don't like penrite...? GO to Castrol, Nulon OR Shell site..They all have the search option. Plus just print the page after your done & put it in your logbook and leave it in the car to have it for later on...Just in case you need to do a top up at a servo because the curry behind the counter wont know.

If you read earlier in the thread, somebody had searched through a lubricant's site for their car info and was given the WRONG SUMP CAPACITY. If you stick to the manual supplied with your car, THEN you can't go wrong. I'd go by my manufacturer manual any day rather than some random site bashed together by a call-centre employee trying to enter the correct specs for 1000's of makes and models...

EDIT: Plus, for what it's worth, even though Nulon isn't my choice, I doubt they would be in business if they were making fluid that blew cars up ...

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Your not getting the point I just hate NULON and scared to use it in anything because of using it in the past and every time something goes wrong.

castrol and penrite is all I use and while using them two only products in all fluid changes I have not had a single problem in the past 5years.

Do a search on nulon your self its sh1t. Your reading everything off the nulon site of course they will say its the best oil... Its a business they are trying to make money from anyone

Your retarded. I said I wont use NULON again!! you can use whatever you like its your car so do/use as you like.

Go use NULON i cant stop or change your mind.

Enjoy your 10kw gain from a oil change. Put a roll cage and update your brakes you will need it.

First. Calm the #### down.

Second, just because youve had issues with Nulon in nineteen dickity six doesnt mean that theyre ****.

Their range is very popular for LS1s. Personally, ive had **** luck with Castrol, however, Nulon and Penrite have been great for my old engine.

Just because your experience is bad, doesnt mean you can throw around your temper tantrum posts and berate people for recommending it.

On topic, I would be using something like a HPR10 for a 150,000 Alloytec.

SS60NV

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
I don't care what you use okay its your bloody choice don't be cut because your a nulon fan ffs

I dare you to have a look on any any nulon product review on the supercheap auto site and others and see that all the NULON products that have A 5star rating and review...? Then GO see for your self any other NULON product with a 1star rating and a bad review is left... It always gets deleted. But they can't fix the 1 star rating that the customer left.

Even check the video link with the nulon dyno test I put up before just scroll down in the questions and see how many people are complaining that NULON ####ed there cars up or the engine sounds like crap after a oil change then they will change to another oil and the noises stop.

I couldn't care less what you put in your car... Cooking oil, Goat oil, Coconut oil whatever tickles your fancy... All I am saying is I wont use NULON.

Don't be upset princess because I hate nulon I never said you shouldn't use it. I hope you do use it because you deserve it.

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Thanks to everyone who can offer genuine help, can everyone else
please chill? :) All our cars work, and we all have the right to pour sand and milk in if we want :) So chill! :)

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Money no object... Mobil1 0w-40w or 5w-40w + filter every 5000k's or 3moinths

The $$$ is a problem... Extra Virgin Olive oil @ $23.86 for 4L. :lmao:

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I couldn't care less what you put in your car... Cooking oil, Goat oil, Coconut oil whatever tickles your fancy... All I am saying is I wont use NULON.

Don't be upset princess because I hate nulon I never said you shouldn't use it. I hope you do use it because you deserve it.

Fantastic. Youve voiced your opinion. Move on.

Your attitude is absolutely pathetic.

bozodos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 MY06
I'm far from a Nulon fanboy, but I think it's laudable that they got testing done to back up their claims, how many other oil companies do that? I couldn't give a flying fark about online reviews on oil, really the only way to tell is to not only have an idea of how the vehicle was serviced, but inspecting internal parts like bearings, or the UOA / Filtergrams that I mentioned. I keep saying the same thing on other forums too.