Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

oil in radiotor

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It's mostly time, the parts are not expensive. 2-3 hours, with parts, coolant and labour, expect to pay $450 or there abouts. A pressure test shouldn't cost anything, only takes about 5 minutes. All it is as a pump with a guage on it connected to a special cap that goes on the radiator. They pump it up and watch the guage to see if it drops.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
if there is oil in your water then there is a sure bet that there is water in the oil if you know what i mean, prob best to check both dipsticks in the auto and the engine and see if there is any sign of contamination mate.

Not necessarily, oil pressure is higher than the coolant pressure and oil is lighter and thinner than water so it will get through a breach before water will.

Aryashahin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Calais supercharged V6
It's mostly time, the parts are not expensive. 2-3 hours, with parts, coolant and labour, expect to pay $450 or there abouts. A pressure test shouldn't cost anything, only takes about 5 minutes. All it is as a pump with a guage on it connected to a special cap that goes on the radiator. They pump it up and watch the guage to see if it drops.

My Calais died today, the engine was keep over heating and coolant was over flowing from the compartment.
had to call in a tow truck, got lucky and tow guy didn't charge me $ 251.00.
so tomorrow i will find out what wrong with it..
i'll keep you posted

spanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V UTE,VE SS SEDAN
What was the end result of the oil in your coolant?

pedrod59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Supercharged Calais
My Calais died today, the engine was keep over heating and coolant was over flowing from the compartment.
had to call in a tow truck, got lucky and tow guy didn't charge me $ 251.00.
so tomorrow i will find out what wrong with it..
i'll keep you posted

Hi there Aryashahin,
I appear to have the same problem with my VY Series II Calais, too.
What was the result of your problem? Was it the Valley Cover seals?

I went to The Holden dealer here in Hervey Bay (Qld) and mentioned my problem and the mechanic said he hadn't heard of the problem before. He said he will do a pressure test when I bring the car in, but was not very helpfull.
I have had the oil leak for about 7 months. Thought I had fixed it up, 6 months ago. Took it to a Radiator repair shop and they thought it was the Trans Oil cooler in the radiator. I had to replace the radiator and thought everything was fine, but noticed oil again forming in the overflow bottle and under the radiator cap.

I hope yours is fixed and can give me an idea of what the result was for you.

Thanks

Peter

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
I had this problem in my vx the valley gasket was stuffed same syptoms as you. Apparently it pretty uncommon for head gaskets to go on ecotecs to stress less. It will more than not be the inlet manifold gasket (aka valley gasket) its not a job for the 1st time mechanic. expect to pay $600-1000 to get it fixes and there is at least half a day labour involved