Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil leak for head gasket?

Silver07ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 3.6L Omega
Hi all I’m posting this for someone else but whilst retrieving a light from a vz commodore recently for someone I noticed black oil marks starting from just below the intake the whole way down the front of the engine block and the oil level didn’t even show on the dip stick, I’ve advised them to top it up and they said they’d get someone to check it out, fair certain it is a head gasket leak how could I check it for sure?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It would be oil from the intake plenum. You can bet you pull that off and it would be grot in there. throttle body would be oily as and so would the intake pipe.

Remove the PCV, clean it and modify it as per the thread and clean the intake, throttle body, intake pipe, MAF sensor. New metal gaskets on the plenum.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/alloytec-pcv-problem-fix.279039/

Last edited:

Silver07ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 3.6L Omega
It would be oil from the intake plenum. You can bet you pull that off and it would be grot in there. throttle body would be oily as and so would the intake pipe.

Remove the PCV, clean it and modify it as per the thread and clean the intake, throttle body, intake pipe, MAF sensor. New metal gaskets on the plenum.
Yeah I’ll shoot them a message and see if they want that done for them, I thought it would be that