Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil Service Reminder

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
I've tried 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
It just doesn't work.

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
Same story as Black X here.
All I'm getting when I try a few times is that it keeps resetting all the settings of my Air Con and Radio config (like the bass settings etc)

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Mine doesn't do that. It just turns the radio on and nothing else.

somfman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6
Okay, I've just had success in clearing the oil service reminder message on my VF CalaisV. You do need to get into ignition mode and to do this you press and hold the ignition button (with your foot off the brake). After about 5 seconds the instruments will come on and go through the same dial sweep/check routine as when you start the car normally. Once this is complete press the accelerator pedal down three times in quick succession. Start the car normally after this and the message should be gone - at least it was for me.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Okay that works!!!

Thanks heaps for that.

The difference was holding the start button until the instruments come on.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Well done guys, I would have though the procedure to get the car into accessories and ignition (without starting the car) was in the owner manual, obviously not?

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Had this reminder pop up this week and the ignition on, pump pedal method worked.

Cheers

Legs11dl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais 5.7
Hi Somfman,
Really appreciate your post.
Tried about 30 times with other posts, and did not work.
Holding the Start Button IN worked.
I too have had bad experiences with dealers and have a local mechanic do my work, as he is trustworthy and honest.
Rare these days, but if anyone is looking for an honest Mechanic - GLENN SNELLSON Automotive Wickham ( Newcastle)

somedude

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
Hold start stop button down for 10 seconds. (This is important. Just pushing the button down long enough to make the ignition lights come on is not long enough to put the system into reset mode) Then push accelerator pedal to floor and release, three times quickly. Push stop start button again to turn off ignition. Reset should now have worked. Do not try to start the vehicle at any time during this process. I also keep all doors and bonnet closed, just in case, although that may not be necessary. Now you can start the vehicle as normal to check reset success. I hope this helps.