Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OK i know stuff like this has prob been asked

donz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
hey i wanna lower my VX. i juz wanna know if someone could tell me the order in spring sizes from highest to lowest. also its only a series 1 so i would need a camber kit wont i? and would i need new shocks? i dont want the car too low but i definatly want it lower then stock. ive got a set of 18's on it to. this is how it sits at the mo.
car1.jpg

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Standard Holden Springs..........Monstertruck
FE2 ......Kings LOW equivilant......no shocks needed or camber kit really
Kings SL.........need shortened shocks.....camber kit too
Kings SSL........Definately need shocks......camber kit!!! Bordering on legal
Kings SSSL (Me)......shocks badly needed.....camber kit REALLY needed.....NOT EVEN REMOTELY LEGAL...

My suggestion....with rur car you would probably wanna go kings LOW in the front and kings SL in the rear to level her out....
This setup is ALMOST totally legal.... ride height is legal, change of spring travel is legal, no tyre scrub so legal......change of spring ratio from front to back is sorta not all that legal by ADR standards from what i remember...

Otherwise, you can go SL all round and you should still be totally sweet!

You can check out my rid (Click the signature link) to see how u can lower ur ride if legallity is not a priority of urs.....

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
I had my VT lowered to 11/2 inches front and rear,I assume these are classed as KINGSPRINGS(Low).I didn't want to go excessively low and this hight seems suitable to me if you just want something to stop it looking like a horse cart.I kept my standard shocks on,however,a camber/castor kit was fitted.This was necessary to combat tyre wear but is optional.Ride quality would improve with some after-market shocks.

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Mine is sitting on king springs low at the moment and I'm really unhappy with it. Go for LOW at the front, and Super Low at the rear like suggested above. You DON'T need shortened shocks.. but if your car has done alot of kms.. consider gettin the shocks and struts replaced at the same time. Handling is so much sweeter!

As for camber kit, you might, you might not.. some cars scrub the inside of tyre and some don't.

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Hey Spyper, is your Acclaim sitting on lows all round, or Superlows in the rear. Had a look at your photo's and you said Lows in the front and Superlows in the rear, Correct me if I'm wrong. I have an 02 VX Acclaim and want to lower it, but can't decide weather to go lows or superlows. That's why I'm curious to know what yours is sitting on as I wouldn't mind going a bit lower. Also did you change your shocks...........And what did it set you back if you don't mind??? CHeers

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i went for lovells low at the front and superlow at the rear to level out like the above guys said. i changed shocks at rear anyway coz they had done over 100,000kms.

if your rear tyres are wearing on inside edge then you need camber kit.
once lowered watch the tyres and if they start to wear uneven then camber kit is a must.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
i just stuck king spring super lows in, i havent stuck shortened shocks in or a camber kit, im expecting them to scrub a little bit but ill see how they go

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Ruso, I ordered super lows for the rear but JUST found out that they are only lows and my mechanic stuffed it up. So all 4 springs are Low. Set it on super lows at the rear and you'll be laughing.

My car has done 160000kms so yes I changed the shocks and struts. Didn't get a camber kit but my tyres look find at the moment.

So for springs struts and shocks it set me back $1100.

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Cheers Spyper....I'll go superlows for the rear and lows in the front....cannot wait

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Too high mate.. Check out my monster truck in "My Ride"..

I'm sitting on Supers front and back..

Go supers front and ultra back.. Won't give you problems with the PO LEESE either..