Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ok Ok

T

tommi

i'm biting the bullet now. Ive put off doing much mods wise to my car but now I'm getting the itch...you know what i mean?
lol. what im after is brands, prices and any goos stores in qld - well brissy or coast area that i can go to to get good parts or service.
ive set the exhaust up for a 2.5" exhaust system... what i want to do is a few more mods to the engine.
namely, i need to know prices and places to get cold air intake, extractors and a chip. if u guys could help me out thanks a million! i'll buy yas a drink

B

boss

I'm not from QLD so cant help there, but check recent threads which show you how to set up a C.A.I, theres plenty of them and can save you money. Original ones look good, but are expensive.

S

scotty

I have a VS and recently put a Genuine Holden Cold Air Intake Kit,
Its cost be about $80.00 all up. ( from the Spare Parts department at my local dealer) That includes the new bottom section of the airbox, the small piece of tubing and the actual intake itself.

Im assuming you have a v6? If so, the air intake kit is off the Supercharged 6 engine.

The intake makes the engine look more "beasty" lol..

Well worth the money!

Scott,

S

scotty

Oh by the way, I found that the Genuine kit was cheaper than an aftermarket,
Most aftermarket setups were around $120.00... Id prefer genuine!

T

tommi

thanks boss and sweet scott! where did u go to get ur kit? im willing to spend 80 if its worth it - hurry ive got the cash in my wallet - direct me now! lol. do u live in qld?

S

scotty

Sorry i live in Melbourne!
I just got mine from a Holden Dealer, :)

The usually keep them in stock!

stheggie

Reaction score
Let me know how you went with the cold air intake kit :)

T

tommi

stheggie, see post "so this is what love means..."