Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OK weird problem found today

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Sitting in the car today trying to diagnose an air-con problem on my VR 6 cyl, I had the car in park with the handbrake on and whenever i reved the engine the L/100 k's would register, the handbrake on chime would sound and the speedo would register a speed. More revs = more speed. I'm not to fussed but you wouldnt think it should happen. Done the same in neutral too. Weird one hey! :confused:

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
The car doesnt move and for those thinking it no the back wheels arn't spinning. It drives great no probs, havent tried it in drive.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
auc05l said:
Sitting in the car today trying to diagnose an air-con problem on my VR 6 cyl, I had the car in park with the handbrake on and whenever i reved the engine the L/100 k's would register, the handbrake on chime would sound and the speedo would register a speed. More revs = more speed. I'm not to fussed but you wouldnt think it should happen. Done the same in neutral too. Weird one hey! :confused:

naaah they all do that

the only problem is...
i have never tried to find out why :hit:

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
its caused by the transmission output shaft vibrating as you rev the engine, this generates a speedo signal.

Cheers Rob