Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Omega 2008 VE

kar200

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega VE
Hi all,

First time owner of a commodore bought a couple of weeks ago from a dealer and obviously new member in this forum since the purchase.

I have done some searches on Google and most of them points to this forum. I tried to search in here and found some answers but obviously still have a few more questions.

1- The rego paper on the car show 01/2008. how would I know what model/year do we have? I tried to look through the car and do some searches on the internet but cannot find anything.

2- The car is not due for service for another 15k km I think. Can I just take it to Holden to get it checked out in case there is something that need repair under warranty? I am saying this because we bought a Mazda 3 in the past from a dealer with their stupid 1 month warranty and we had to service it and they realized at Mazda that it needed like 4k on repairs which they did for free.I don't want this to happen with this car after the warranty runs out.

3- The bluetooth issue..I read a couple of threads around her about the issues. Apparently it does not come standard on the Omegas. When I do a search for it I find a CK-7W and I can pair with "0000" rather than the 1234 mentioned in the manual and it does work except no one can hear. would that be the factory fitted one?

Thanks for reading this long 1st post :)

K.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
ck-7w is a aftermarket nokia product it is a very good bluetooth kit. there should be a button some where in the car with nokia on it and a microphone aswell. these ay have been removed at some point to tidy up the inside. you could ask the dealer to locate the moduel and see if they are still connected.

your factory warranty will expire 3 years after delivery date the dealer should be able to tell you when this was.
you could put your car in for holden to look over but they will charge. you are better to have a trusted mechanic look at it and take up any issues found with holden.

if the rego is 01/2008 you shold have a my 08 you can check this on the vin number i just cant remeber where

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The 10th digit in the VIN is the year of production, ie 8 =2008, 9 = 2009 and A = 2010.

Dont leave services for 15,000kms, do it every 7500kms. Even if you do an oil and filter change yourself in between each 15k service. Being an 08 it should still have new car warranty through to 2011. Prior to the warranty running out book it in for a mechanical inspection for piece of mind.

As said youre connecting to an aftermarket BT so cant help you there.

kar200

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega VE
Thanks guys for the replies. The car is indeed a 2008 manufactured and the the 10th digit of the VIN shows that as well.
I know a good mechanic as well but did not know that they can carry out warranty repairs as well and thought only Holden was to do that.
I will do a search for that lost mic and hopefully will find it.

Ah yeah one more question, how much would it be to convert the car to LPG and is it worth it?

K.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Only Holden can carry out warranty repairs.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
only holden can do the repairs but you should get your mechanic to have a look and then take there findings if anything is found to holden. and ask them to repair it

on the LPG how many k's do you do and how long do you intend to have the car?

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
check your compliance plate = that will show the day / month the car was born

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Agree with Ricey on not leaving the services for the full 15,000. The oil will probably hold up that long (depending on brand, grade and type), but the filter may not. I just do the oil and filter at the 7500 mark and the full service every 15,000km.

kar200

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega VE
Thanks guys for the answers, I will take the car to a mechanic before the warranty runs out.

only holden can do the repairs but you should get your mechanic to have a look and then take there findings if anything is found to holden. and ask them to repair it

on the LPG how many k's do you do and how long do you intend to have the car?

I have not thought about this actually. I quite like the car so it might be a while. We also don't do many K's in the year so I would say probably 3-4 years...
IT is just that I saw the LPG price being half of the petrol it felt like a huge saving but in fact the car will consume more using LPG but not sure if it will be twice as much.

K.