Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Omega cd player problems

sheapard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Aclaim
The cd player in my omega is playing up. It refuses to take in a cd and pushes it back out. Tells me that there is a cd allready in the unit (there is not) Keep getting mechanisim error on the display or it trys to play a cd that is not in there and comes back with cd error. Has anyone had this problem and found a fix? The car is no longer under waranty so Holden will charge $$$$ to repair or replace the unit. It will ocasionaly take a cd and play it the problem seems to be in the loading and unloading mechanisim. If I pull the unit out to have a look, will i need a code to put it back in and operating like the earlier commodores? or will it just accept being pluged back into the same car without a problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, '23 hilux SR5, E3 senator, 85 VK LS1
I would say you'll need the code if you pull it out, which you should have among your books there somewhere anyway.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
No radio code.

Sounds like you need a new unit.

Shamous69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09
Mine has been doing exactly the same as this also, I managed to make it fault in front of a holden tech in April, and the unit is finally arrived. The problem will only get worse so you're probably best to buy a new unit, or just use the Aux In if you have a ipod etc.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
One of the many electrical errors I had was the mechanism error. This was one of the times when holden replaced the actual entire stereo unit, for want of a better word. Doing that fixed it.

Only thing I can suggest is trying different thickness CD's. By this, I mean try inserting CD's which arent burned blank CD's. Cheaper blank CDs can be really thin, and some can be really thick. I am pretty sure the mechanism can have trouble with either of these. I only buy well known reputable brand blank CDs now.. no woollies specials.

G MAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 SV6 (Alloytec) Commodore
Mine same as above / appears to be a factory issue ... Looks like $$$

obieeve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Same happened to my ve omega ute someone had tried to force a cd in it and cracked the mechanism cheapest fix was a second-hand unit on eBay.
Hope this helps.