Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

omrom

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
How did he get one? I heard they were all removed before the car was sold off. I saw one on eBay a few years ago (for something stupid like 2 grand), didn't believe it but I've got a mate who is a mechanic at a dealer in Sydney who confirmed it for me. Reckons they go like stink, especially in pursuit vehicles.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
Optional Modification Read Only Memory.

Basically it's a plug they use to plug a chip set into which modifies the behavior of the car in the way of a much less restrictive tune. They're fitted to cop and emergency service cars but removed upon disposal.

Thought it was something like that, My sisters VE has one and she put some chip into it and now it chirps 2nd gear

omega_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Ute
IMG_0391.jpg

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I did google I couldn't find anything I searches this site still didn't find anything asked a question got a response like yours, this why I have asked next to no questions on this site if I can't find the answer using the search function I just go to a different site

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. I just thought that site would explain it better.

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
ROFL... my goodness... hope you were all joking about this "Basically it's a plug they use to plug a chip set into which modifies the behavior of the car in the way of a much less restrictive tune. They're fitted to cop and emergency service cars but removed upon disposal.
"

its the RFA Module

all VE's have it it is the reciever for the key remote and if fitted tyre pressure monitors

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
in a sedan its sandwhiched between the fabric parcel shelf and the metal parcel shelf on the right hand side

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
ROFL... my goodness... hope you were all joking about this "Basically it's a plug they use to plug a chip set into which modifies the behavior of the car in the way of a much less restrictive tune. They're fitted to cop and emergency service cars but removed upon disposal.
"

its the RFA Module

all VE's have it it is the reciever for the key remote and if fitted tyre pressure monitors

Haha you caught me mate, I seriously had no idea what it was and after a few beers thought I'd have some fun.