Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

One owner VB SL RESTO Now LOWERED!

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Im not sure yet. Kframes the same says everything I've been reading and a bloke I' know has said the same... told tailshaft will fit still. Id change the diff Anyway prob buy a rusted out 253 or something and swap everything bar the motor

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
I'm not entirely sure but I think some 253s still had drum brakes...

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
negative, all V8 Commodores standard with 4 wheel disc :)

Know whats involved for the conversion, obviously motor and trans need to be changed, but tail shaft ive been told fits fine? a vb vc diff bolt straight in with discs?

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Im not sure yet. Kframes the same says everything I've been reading and a bloke I' know has said the same

you have a 6 banger dont you?? so your saying a 6cyl k-frame is exactly the same as a 8cyl k-frame??

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Know whats involved for the conversion, obviously motor and trans need to be changed, but tail shaft ive been told fits fine? a vb vc diff bolt straight in with discs?
what box do you plan to run?? they are all different lengths so the front half of the shaft will need to be sized....unless the new box is tthe same length as the old, a new/modified cross member.

yes a disc rear end will fit straight in! all mounting points are the same....what diff do you plan to fit??...u only have 3 choices really a 10 Bolt, BW or a 9".

youl need a new master cylinder to allow for the rear discs...and you may aswell do the booster at the same time.
youll have to make a new brake hard line from the master cylinder to the diff center...or pull one from a factory disc rear ended car
VB-VK.

ive pretty much replaced or upgraded every single part in my car over the years. so youll eventualy know what works and fits with what...everything between vb-vk is interchangeable, some parts from vl's fit and front ends from vn-vs's will fit

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
power steer and non-power steering k-frames are slightly different (rack mounting points)

I swapped racks from p steer to non and all mounts were easy as, no difference at all...