Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

One owner VB SL RESTO Now LOWERED!

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Okies well This morning 9.30 i got a phone call from the guy with the simmons, said if i want them i can have them for $200 if i get them before lunch. I messaged back and said I've gotta drive back there yet again to pick them I'll give you $100 He said yes eventually. So i went and picked them up after a good look there not the Wheels he said they were and i can't find out what the bloody name is for them? Can anyone help please??? I dunno what I'm going to do I'll strip down the tyres tomorrrow then I'll Pull the rim apart thats Farked and see how hard it is to pull them apart might do the same and paint them or polish them? Thoughts?

Either way for $120 (including petrol) I think There ok if i cleaned up the 3 good ones and polished the dish I'm sure i could get my $120 back if its a stupid amount to fix the other rim.

Only 2 rims have centre caps

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
they look like f90's
the picture you showed looked like they were b45's....

yeah I woudn't have paid more than $100 for those
the one with the bent rim will need a new outer rim, which isn't cheap. Often cheaper just to buy another second hand wheel.

Not sure what you could do with them really. Did you get a set of 4 or 5 ? If you have 4 decent ones, you could clean them up and they would look fairly good (need blackstig to photoshop them on to see what they look like!) Or you could try and find another decent second hand one to make up 4

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
here you go sv5000's, personally i think they don't have enough dish,
vzk0.jpg

agreed, looks good on VN-VS, but not VB-VL

blackstig

Reaction score
Members Ride
82 VH SL & 85 VK Executive
the angle is a bit off with this one, otherwise they look good
1j92.jpg

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
they look like f90's
the picture you showed looked like they were b45's....

yeah I woudn't have paid more than $100 for those
the one with the bent rim will need a new outer rim, which isn't cheap. Often cheaper just to buy another second hand wheel.

Not sure what you could do with them really. Did you get a set of 4 or 5 ? If you have 4 decent ones, you could clean them up and they would look fairly good (need blackstig to photoshop them on to see what they look like!) Or you could try and find another decent second hand one to make up 4

Yeah I'm going to take them to work tomorrow I'll strip the tyres of and spin them all up on the balancer and see how they go. I'll then ring A rim repairer which also modify rims and fix in all different ways and get a price on a new lip or if its something they can re roll. Depending on price I'm gonna take the centres out and paint them along with polishing the lip See how they look on the car and sell them if i don't like the look and keep my eyes open for some different ones lol.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
They need a colour change.. and DAMN that's a dent!

Would look smith when done..

Ask them how much to widen a 16" steelie? :)

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
What would look better, Grey or Goldish colour again? or what suggestions?

blackstig

Reaction score
Members Ride
82 VH SL & 85 VK Executive
sorry my colour changing skills arent the greatest haha, i think that either a body colour center as ajvx01 suggested to do,
or a grey center would both look good on these
5zws.jpg

9c9z.jpg

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Yea I vote either body colour or the VN ss atlas grey. Body colour suits the era of the car:)

Ps why is your car green in that photo?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
I dunno thats just how the photo came out i guess haha?

Well today at work i started pulling one down. i got a quote on a new outer lip it was $300 for one I even mentioned where i work and that we send ALOT of customers to them to have alloy wheels fixed. So I'm going to look online and see what I can find. No rush. I'm going to do them grey Because then it doesn't matter what car they go on. If i painted them this cars colour it would look funny if i put them on something else.

If i decide i don't want them once there done i can sell grey easier as well.

Well here is one pulled apart I'm going to see about getting them sand blasted the centres While I'm off work I'll try Stuff around and try and polish up the rim a bit.

When i took the tyres of and spun the rims up all of them spin perfectly the one with dent is only on the front piece the rest of it is perfect :)

The VB's staying at home this week Heat wave, got the windows covered don't want melting speakers and other stuff that can turn to crap haha.