Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

One strike plan for NSW P Platers

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Coming in late, but I think its a great idea.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I do think someting must be done, but i think the problem needs to be addressed also at L plate level too.
Far too many drivers are getting their licence with hardly any experience behind the wheel.
I think the log book system is a good idea, making parents also accountable for their kids education behind the wheel.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
i think its a bit harsh, im sure going 5 6 0r even 7 ks has contributed to less accidents than inexperience has. not giving way or something instant that was fatal. i think it should be looked into further than just slapping something together like this seems to be

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
If you want to try and save lives, and treat people fairly ... You would look at it this way ...

The most comon accidents and fatalities are people in the age of what ... 17-25 ... Instead of just picking on p plate drivers, you attack this bracket... I don't agree with the zero points scheme, but if you want to fix things then you look at education, points allocation, and penalties that fit the crime.

Anyone has access to all these records through the bureau of statistics, and anyone that says other wise can just simply not face facts... Lets be realistic and say that yes, things need to change, but not just shoot down suggestions and say it is victimisation on p platers... In the bracket of 17-25 with the new red + green p's system, there are a lot more p platers then there are fully licenced drivers....

I am not saying one is better then the other, but please remember this ...

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
totaly agree julie. there should be harsher penalties for things like burnouts and speeding and neg driving. and you also realise that if a p plater forgot to indicate out of a roundabout, they would lose there license on the 0 point scheme.

mitch

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
all these kids at my school keep asking me if i think 20 hours is enough for them to go for their L's... because they see me driving.

"oh, but my mother won't let me drive. i'll write fake entries"

far out, i'd hit the L platers first. i done 110 genuine hours, no fakes, and 50 of those were driving school hours totalling about $2500 dollars... grrr
i reckon 10 hours should be mandatory through driving schools and licenced professionals

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
this is bullcrap, once again they are choosing to punish all, instead of just those who were in the wrong.
johnny

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking For A VR - VS Stato V8
I'm not suggesting that fully licenced drivers have no points, I just think its hypocritical to say p platers should have no points, but fully licenced drivers get 12. 12 points = a lot of room to make a lot of mistakes, no one really should be making that many mistakes, especially someone who has had that much experience. 12 points is like saying here you go you're booked for 3 points for speeding, but in case you haven't learnt your lesson you have 9 more points to learn it, just be careful your don't kill someone in the process!

Everyone makes mistakes, p platers too, they should be expected to make more mistakes as they don't have the experience of a fully licenced driver. I think rather than take the points way from p platers and give them a 1 strike you're out system they should reassess the current penalty points for all drivers. They should make the really dangerous offenses carry harsher penatlies, that way all drivers who screw up lose their licences, including the bad egg p platers and the bad egg fully licenced drivers. It wouldn't be discriminatory against p platers this way, just discriminatory against knucklehead hoons!

This would have to be the best post out of all i think every one should have the same points that would make it a lot fairer i dont see why some people should get punished more then another thats not right

Now as for P platers and the no points at all i think this is total bull **** that means if a P plate falls off your gone.... seriously come on im not bosting about this but for awhile after i got my P's like has been said before i was not scared of police because i had never been pulled over i look back now and think what a dick head you wanna know what happend
I got done for burnouts i look back now and think that was the best thing that could of happened to me or i could of hurt my self or some one else

Since that fine i have calmed right down i drive sensably now and obey the rules because i know that i only have one point and my licence means that much to me
Now lets say P platers only had a 0 point sceme i wouldn't have learnt how stupid i was and once i got it back because of all the time i didn't have it id probably go back to what i use to do

I think that the points should stay the same but the fines go higher i my self am pritty poor work casualy at coles and get like $200 a week.
Now not saying all but most people that car reckless when on there P's are those that are into cars and want to do them up now if you fine them alot more they aren't going to have the money to do what they want to there car that is going to scare them alot more then losing there licence

And As said before if any ones going to have no points it should be for every one not just a minority fully licenced drivers should know better as should every one if they pass there test

Cheers Benji

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Come to think of it, fuc* these law's are going to be harsh. How often do you see people indicating when they are leaving a round about? noone, There goes my licence but if a full licence holder does that they are going to get squat. I just think it's stupid when us P plater's are the ones who are learning, and if where learning where bound to make mistake's.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
This is a joke. Theoretically you could lose your licence for accidentally leaving your high beams on or even if a P plate fell off your car. Its a bit overkill. 3 points would be better but compulsory education in schools and driver training/simulators is the only way to improve driver skill. The 0 point system will not increase driving skill. Everyone makes mistakes while driving and most of the time its not worth losing your licence over. A bigger police presence is needed as well, not this hidden speed camera bullshit, that doesn't stop people speeding. With police presence, people are less likely to take risks.